Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Indonesia 1949 Definitive - Printing Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Netherlands
52 Posts
Posted 04/19/2019   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Northwinds to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I purchased this stamp today. There is a red line going down from the upper frame straight through the number 5.

Would you call such a line a printing flaw or a plate error or perhaps something else? Would this be a one of a kind or repetitive in this position in other sheets?

I am sorry for the large number of questions!

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6188 Posts
Posted 04/19/2019   3:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A printing error it is not, just an EFO - one of a kind. Most likely one of the rollers was not cleaned

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Netherlands
52 Posts
Posted 04/19/2019   4:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northwinds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Peter

Peter
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26322 Posts
Posted 04/19/2019   7:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Possibly a Ductor Blade occurence?
http://goscf.com/t/64528
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
897 Posts
Posted 04/21/2019   1:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Galeoptix to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rodney,

you hit the nail! Spijker op z'n kop :) voor meneer Noorderwind.

Rein
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26322 Posts
Posted 04/21/2019   3:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rein,
I just love listening to the Dutch talking, in my 20's I had a very unusual Dutch couple as neighbours, (Their wedding photos were taken in a car wrecking yard) it was always fascinating around the breakfast table listening, but not comprehending their banter.

Valued Member
Netherlands
52 Posts
Posted 04/21/2019   3:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northwinds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My grandparents from my mother's side moved to Australia around 1950. As I was told by my mother, my granddad picked up the Australian accent and English language pretty fast, my grandmother however did not. Many people assumed she was Scottish. :)
Edited by Northwinds - 04/21/2019 3:46 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
897 Posts
Posted 04/22/2019   4:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Galeoptix to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When first coming to visit the UK in 1970, many people thought I came from Australia...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6188 Posts
Posted 04/22/2019   4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, what is a car wrecking yard ? Is that what in Holland we call an "auto kerkhof", ( a car cemetery ) ?

Peter
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26322 Posts
Posted 04/22/2019   5:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Rod, what is a car wrecking yard ?

Hi Peter,
where cars go, when no longer licenced, into an acreage, customers can then go and purchase spare parts.
If you want a doohicky, for a thingamabob in the door handle, then the wreckers will have one.

Car Panel beaters use them frequently.

Here is one in my home town
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05