Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Germany 65 Slate And Car Type I Question.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
Posted 04/20/2019   04:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add NanoPhilatelic to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello there. I am assessing this potential Germany Scott #65 Plate Block of 8.

Here is a scan of the full PB of 8

Here is a close up of my "M" with slight serifs, Indicating it could be a Type I

Here is a screen grab from the 2019 Germany Scott catalog.

If my research is correct, being that one Mint-Never Hinged #65 is $5,250, multiplied by 8 = $42,000.00 Does this seem correct? Thank you.
Send note to Staff
Edited by NanoPhilatelic - 04/20/2019 04:52 am

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1361 Posts
Posted 04/20/2019   05:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is not #65 but #95.

#65 is inscribed "REICHSPOST", It is unwatermarked.

#95 is inscribed "DEUTSCHES REICH" as are the stamps in this block. It is watermarked with lozenges, Scott type 125. It is perf 14.5 with 25 x 17 complete perf holes.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
Posted 04/20/2019   07:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NanoPhilatelic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh god, how could I be so dumb. lol
Valued Member
United States
445 Posts
Posted 04/20/2019   10:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
NanoPhilatelic

Made the same mistake myself only a few days ago.http://goscf.com/t/30461
Edited by gettinold - 04/20/2019 10:17 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26349 Posts
Posted 04/20/2019   10:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On learning of a mistake, you move forward.........
Isn't that great !

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4123 Posts
Posted 04/20/2019   11:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the differences ,the top stamp is a type I,I do have a cert. for the top stamp.
Edited by floortrader - 04/20/2019 11:52 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05