Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Few North Korean Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Arab Emirates
54 Posts
Posted 04/21/2019   10:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Muks to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here are some North Korean stamps I would like to share with you. The paper is quite thin. I imagine it would have been difficult to tear them apart neatly.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 04/21/2019   4:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moneil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing these Muks, very interesting.

Awhile back I seem to recall a topic about countries that where hard to find stamps from, and North Korea was on that list, probable on top!

Are you able to share how you found these stamps?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1012 Posts
Posted 04/21/2019   11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With the exception of the top row, left stamp, most look like NK reprints. Still, even the reprint are hard to find in the US, especially in an un-CTO'd state.
Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
54 Posts
Posted 04/22/2019   04:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Muks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi moneil, I inherited the stamps. I have a few more that I can share as well. I'm glad you find them interesting.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
731 Posts
Posted 04/22/2019   12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Outremer01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Muks, a nice selection, even if they may be reprints.

I think even the top row, first stamp might be a reprint, as SG Catalogue lists this value/design as being red, whilst the reprint is found in yellow-green.
The top row, second from right may be a reprint of N24 as SG describes the reprint as having a taller, thinner figure "1" like that on your stamp. Still an interesting range of topics shown, despite the likelihood of them being official imitations or "reprints", for sale to collectors.

I acquired many such stamps not only from N. Korea, but also Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania and the pre-unification Emirates in stamp packets from Woolworths (department store now gone from UK high streets) when I was still at school. They were, to my eyes, colourful and exotic, and probably contributed to my later interest in travelling to many countries for work. I even lived in Al Ain for 4 years!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05