Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lost In Space - Stamp Planet Earth 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 666Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
111 Posts
Posted 04/24/2019   2:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jb100056 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I get dizzy looking at this. So many types and colors, I need a decent camera for capturing close up, stabilized images; no more holding the phone; I'm just too old for this. Any recommendations on cameras and equipment for this old guy?

I could do a bunch of research, but trust the folks on this site to make decent recommendations, rather than my research and my bad decisions.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1190 Posts
Posted 04/24/2019   3:11 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Use a scanner. A run of the mill scanner that does 600 dpi is fine for many uses. If you are doing very detailed examination a high end scanner like the Epson Perfection series can get extremely high resolution.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7650 Posts
Posted 04/24/2019   3:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Risny. Also the title of you post should indicate the subject

Peter
Valued Member
United States
111 Posts
Posted 04/24/2019   3:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jb100056 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All I do know is one of them is Cuba 222, apparently a 279b carmine; lol. Didn't look carmine to me, but I guess it is a reference point to start with when I compare this way:

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5828 Posts
Posted 04/24/2019   3:41 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I sympathise. My experiences with colour charts have been very mixed. Don't forget that stamps can change colour over time, especially through fading caused by light.
Valued Member
United States
111 Posts
Posted 04/24/2019   3:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jb100056 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I will try my printer's internal scanner and go from there.

My bad Subject Line reflects my poor sense of humor, as I actually get lost in stamps sometimes and space out, or if I look too hard for too long, I get physically sick. Anyone else? Is this more appropriate talk for the title?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
890 Posts
Posted 04/24/2019   5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
jb

You might find this link useful for that particular issue:

http://stampsmarter.com/learning/al...TascoT1.html

There are educational booklets for many types of stamps that look like this:

Educational material like this, as far as I know, hasn't been produced in many years. The color examples are extremely useful.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 666Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05