Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Vancouver Asahi Baseball Team - Blue Line Variety

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,380Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1334 Posts
Posted 04/26/2019   5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add BlackJag to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone else seen the short blue line from the left margin into the stamp only at position 3 in the booklet?

Canada Post did not add this issue to its web site until yesterday or today even though it had been showing the May and June future issues for some time prior to today.

Until it appeared, I thought that it may be considering a recall for some reason.

Send note to Staff

Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 04/26/2019   8:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1334 Posts
Posted 05/02/2019   2:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I now have 10 booklets with the identical blue line on the position 3 stamp.
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 05/02/2019   6:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BlackJag..HaVe you sent it off to Robin at Unitrade to see what he thinks..

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1319 Posts
Posted 05/02/2019   8:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gilles le timbre to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for you Blackjag... for the poor quality stamps. Mine are all perfect stamps, with no lines.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 05/02/2019   10:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No doubt that is what it will be called. "The blue line", now only if it had to have been a hockey stamp. Oh wait, it's obviously a line drive ball! And I am goin to the P.O. tomorrow.
Edited by No1philatelist - 05/02/2019 10:23 pm
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
Posted 05/03/2019   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tkoops to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I checked a couple of local post offices here with no luck. Headed to BC on tuesday so I'll look around there too..
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1334 Posts
Posted 05/03/2019   9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I know that Mr. Harris checks topics in this forum as he's emailed me before based on a topic I've created. So, no need to email him directly. Additionally, even if I have the only examples of this new variety, he probably wouldn't consider it for the Unitrade catalogue until another more 'variety valuation' editorial associate believes it worthy of a separate catalogue valuation.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 05/08/2019   9:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lucky me. I went through many booklets at many offices and found a total of 5 at one location only. It should be considered as a variety worthy of a sub # of the normal catalogue # and valuation. It reminds me of #492i - return from the harvest field 50c with the line from the knee variety. It is just a matter of how many of them are out there in comparison to that other 492i variety?
Edited by No1philatelist - 05/08/2019 10:49 pm
Valued Member
Canada
127 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   6:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pollux to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone, I just registered on this site that I consult daily. Very interesting topic and very diversified. Just to inform you that I bought two booklets today with the blue line in position # 3 at a post office in the Montreal area. No idea if this variety is common, the future will tell.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   9:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum pollux. I hope you enjoy the forum. It can be extremly informative and fun! And now that you have two it pretty well confirms that it is a somewhat constant variety.
Edited by No1philatelist - 05/15/2019 9:20 pm
Valued Member
Canada
127 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pollux to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, indeed yes, we find everything here.
For further information, I asked the postman if he knew about this variety. He said he had never heard of it before, so out of curiosity he opened a sealed pack of 50 booklets and all were carrying this blue line. It may not be as rare as we believes.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well it definetly is not rare but still a variety. I would have liked to have gotten about 10 more of them.
Valued Member
Canada
127 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pollux to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a little curious and I would like to know if this famous blue line found in several booklets (BK724 / 3178a) is mentioned in the last Unitrade catalogue.

Pollux
Valued Member
Canada
167 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   8:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pwscg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Blackjag,

This variety was reported in Corgi Times May-June 2019 Vol. XXVII No.6 1st page.
The short article said it had been reported here and on Stampboards.com

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   11:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you mean the 2021 unitrade catalogue, than no. I dont know if it will appear in the 2022 edition, but they read the forum and may answer.

Mike
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,380Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05