Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamp Auction Dilemma, This Is Weird But True......

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2839 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   3:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just call David Coogle at Kelleher's. This is way out of character for them. Way out of character. In fact it does not compute at all. He is at the office every day right now but will be heading to Stockholm shortly I believe.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
373 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   3:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rhett to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kelleher? Very hard to understand how this could have happened with them! Usually one of the most careful, organized, and responsible auction firms that I deal with.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1011 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   4:35 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had trouble since Maureen left, last 2 packages went astray and no tracking sent. Last delivery took 8 phone calls to straighten out.
Valued Member
United States
484 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   5:54 pm  Show Profile Check 1typesetter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1typesetter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to clarify, was it Kelleher, or Michael Rogers which is a part of Kelleher now?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1011 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   6:22 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kelliher
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2839 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   7:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am in no way saying that the behavior in the linked news article is the case here but it goes to show why you need to let the owner know when something is awry.

https://www.newstimes.com/news/arti...an-61535.php
Valued Member
22 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   09:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jayinOK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ten days after calling them they are still as confused as ever, stating untrue things (they sent some auto-response, stating my lots are being held until payment is received; what? I am in possession of five of the seven lots involving them! Even sent them photos, some of which I posted here!).

All requests to contact either owner have failed; every inquiry leads to the same confused staff.

The auction firms were correctly guessed; Michael Rogers was purchased by Kelleher some time ago. I will not comment on that move as I have known M.R. for years and had the utmost respect for him.

I was hoping Kelleher would live up to their previously sterling performance as I'd never before had any issue whatsoever with any previous bids and lots sent in years past. Over ninety days have passed and still no acknowledgements of my shipping issues and the two missing lots.

I'm moving on, and will send payment only for the lots I have already received. Of course I will check any future auction catalogues to see if they stick any lots between the pages as happened at least twice.

There are other auction firms who will gladly take my money, and ship any winning lots the right way. And not take over three months to straighten out their errors.

-J.
Edited by jayinOK - 05/15/2019 09:27 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
548 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   10:24 am  Show Profile Check paperhistory's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paperhistory to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is way out of character for Kelleher (whether it's Kelleher proper or the Michael Rogers division). I've bought thousands of dollars of material from them in the last year and I've only had one issue with one lot (where they shipped the card with the photographed item but not the backup envelope with the rest of the lot) which was immediately refunded.

Incidentally, they don't send me catalogs.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2298 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   11:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I did get a postcard from Kelleher recently for an upcoming auction in the last week.
Al
Learn More...
6526 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   07:54 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Like many folks, I agree that much of this story sounded a bit strange. And while I normally refrain from posting links to the 'down under' forum due to obvious reasons, the same thread was posted and has been more aggressively questioned.

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopi...f=21&t=86624

While the aggressive nature of some of the feedback is 'something less than ideal', some good points are raised. It is possible that communications were not handled well on either side of this situation. Kelleher's reputation is very good and we have not heard their side of this transaction. I encourage folks to hold off on forming any opinions until more is known.

That said, the original posters warning about shipping something in a catalog should be heeded. Thank you Jay for posting and hopefully you can work something out with them.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4121 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   10:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Strange ,this story is so out of the way they do business. I done a lot of business with them for 25 years and always had them ship the items and never a problem with over 60 different transactions .Something is missing ,I believe their catalog mailings are not done by the same people who handle expensive stamps .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2839 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   2:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent point Floortrader! They do come directly from the printer.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1074 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just received a Flagship catalog and it was shipped to the US from Hong Kong. I had to sign for it because Fedex requires a signature for ANYTHING coming from overseas.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2839 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   7:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Strangerer and strangerer.
Valued Member
United States
373 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   7:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rhett to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All of the Kelleher Flagship Auction catalogs I have received this year have been drop shipped via FedEx with signature required directly from the catalog printer In Hong Kong. Printer name is Colour Dragon Graphics Co.
Edited by Rhett - 05/16/2019 7:13 pm
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05