Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Huge Collection Of Unpicked Kiloware Bags....what To Do?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
6772 Posts
Posted 05/05/2019   09:12 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...Unfortunately this forum doesn't allow me to quote posts...

????
Don

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
21 Posts
Posted 05/05/2019   09:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VaSteve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
????
Don

Thanks Don, I was looking for a button.
Valued Member
21 Posts
Posted 05/05/2019   09:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VaSteve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Geoff, got it, I understand.

I'm not entirely sure how much effort I want to put into all this, but breaking it up to make bigger collections might be worth it. Still not sure of the enormity of the task.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
229 Posts
Posted 05/24/2019   03:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure how much time you have, but the stuff has already been sorted by area and bagged up by the dealer.
Basically, he has already done all the work for you.
All you need to do is take a picture of each lot, weigh it, and then put it on eBay, with a low start, and see what it gets.
I don't see that removing the labels and re-packaging in any way is going to produce any extra returns that would justify the trouble involved.
Selling a bag at a time is the way to maximize your profit.
(By the way, I sell stuff on eBay).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3594 Posts
Posted 06/05/2019   03:46 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Am getting a lot of different world kiloware lots from my charity and on top of my specific very recent Australia. So marketing the world kiloware has been a real challenge for me.This year have been getting 10-15kg per 2 months.

If the bag has a country written on it , it seems to sell better than mixed lots.

But why not try and sell some both ways. Only do it in smaller batches until you find that area of selling that suits you. The more you sell/list consistently the more of a following you will get. So things might be a bit slow at 1st but the gates will open and price will increase.

Am talking about selling on eBay. All the very best!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1541 Posts
Posted 06/05/2019   06:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not buying any more kiloware until I have sorted and posted what I already have. Otherwise, I'll end up like your father in law.

Jack Kelley
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05