Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Should I Move Stamps To Another Album

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

7 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   1:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Beepshu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all
I was given some stamps and one of the albums is very old and it has stamps in it. Should I move the stamps to another newer stock book or should I leave it in the album I've included some picks of the album
If I move them (there mostly all used and hinged) is it ok cut of the hinder

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4139 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   1:43 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes - remove them carefully. Best to remove all of the pages first, then soak the stamps from the pages if necessary. Use tweezers!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
687 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   3:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Totally agree. That album was probably a beauty when it was new, but long past its best. I'm sure the stamps can be presented a lot better than this.
Edited by Ringo - 05/06/2019 3:21 pm
Learn More...
6772 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   3:42 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Before moving, I would scan every page and preserve the album in digital format. But then I would move the stamps to another album/pages.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
687 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice idea.

I've never tried it with a stamp album, but it is possible to convert scans into a digital page-turning book, so you click the corner of a page and it turns itself over to the next page, like a book. That might be a nice way to preserve a defunct album.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
26479 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What a lovely Album !
Imagine all the joy it has given to the various owners over the years.
I keep albums like that.

Valued Member
7 Posts
Posted 05/07/2019   08:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Beepshu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys for all your replies
I've 6 different incompete albums so I'm going to move them all into one new clean album
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05