Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does A Hinged Stamp Decrease Its Value + Other Questions

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1073 Posts
Posted 05/09/2019   09:23 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This will give you a rough idea of the values of those stamps, condition including heavy cancels will impact the price;

I looked at the items that actually "sold" on eBay not the asking prices.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3554 Posts
Posted 05/09/2019   11:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Similar collections sold on eBay.
View original item on the first listing not the bottom collection. Same on second listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-World...AOSwJrpcgp~p

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WORLDWIDE-...AOSwL8pcqRJ-
Edited by redwoodrandy - 05/09/2019 11:16 am
Valued Member
37 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   01:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Yolom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The second link is the exact same book I have, mine is in better looking condition though, lol. It sold for around $500 according to its last bid. So I'm assuming I can sell mine for the same give or take a hundred dollars?That's not bad, not a million dollars , but I can buy a new computer or something.

Still this forum has made me way more interested in stamps then before, which was no interest at all. Thanks to everyone for help and for the fascinating info on stamps.
Edited by Yolom - 05/10/2019 01:21 am
Valued Member
37 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   03:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Yolom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
However, there might be a stamp in my stamp book that has an abnormality of some kind, which would bring the stamps worth sky high. I almost nailed it with an Italian stamp worth $16,000 with a certain abnormality, but mine did not have the abnormality so It's worth $10 (that's what it just sold for on an eBay bid).

The stamp in question is the ninth stamp down :
https://findyourstampsvalue.com/rar...alian-stamps

I have a question , did any of you ever come across a person that came here looking to see how much their stamps were worth and it did turn out that he
/she had a very valuable stamp ? or did that never happen? Lol. If not maybe one day, maybe one day...
Edited by Yolom - 05/10/2019 03:11 am
Learn More...
6786 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   03:23 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Let me put it this way... the odds that you will be hit by lightning once in your lifetime is around 1 in 3,000. Compare that with trying to find one rare stamp out of billions printed.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
674 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   05:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mdroth to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Yolom.

It has happened. But not everyone's definition of 'valuable' is the same.

For the type of stamp you're talking about, your odds are similar to winning the lottery - on the same day you get struck by lightning!

Post your Turkey pages, if you don't mind...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1073 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   08:35 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To compare your collection to the one on eBay you can go through his pictures and do a page by page comparison. That will give you a better idea of how your collection stacks up.

That seller also has 17,000 Feedback and can show more than 12 pictures which makes a huge difference when selling a collection on eBay.
Valued Member
37 Posts
Posted 05/11/2019   4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Yolom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
17,000 feedback? Oh, and his eBay auction is over so I can no longer see his page . Which means I can't do a page by page comparison. Was his full of stamps on every page? Mine has about what I have been showing you ..some pages are full of stamps, some just have a lot of stamps and some are sparse, but every page has stamps in my book.

I will upload my Turkey stamps in a day or so.

Here is one that I found is valuable on this website ( last stamp down. I have that one. ) : https://findyourstampsvalue.com/rar...rkish-stamps

[URL="https://ibb.co/SXtVq0t][/url]
[URL="https://statewideinventory.org/]statewide car dealership[/url]

Edited by Yolom - 05/11/2019 5:01 pm
Valued Member
37 Posts
Posted 05/11/2019   4:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Yolom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Are there any interesting books about stamps? Not how much they are worth , but just books about stamps in general...like their history, why people collect them, their aesthetic value, where they first came from, etc.?

I figured why bother starting another thread and waste space so I asked that question here instead. Hope that's ok :-)

Edit: Well, I signed up with eBay so maybe you can help me sell this thing right and get the most amount of money out of this book...only if you want to of course and have the time. It would be appreciated and I would love ya for it.

Oh and someone mentioned Turkey stamps. Yeah, just give me a day or so , pretty busy. Ttyl
Edited by Yolom - 05/11/2019 4:24 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3554 Posts
Posted 05/11/2019   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yolom. Try the eBay link again. On the right is "view original item". Hit it. Then scroll down. Be observant. That is stamp collecting.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3554 Posts
Posted 05/11/2019   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yolom. mdroth is located in Istanbul, Turkey. See his avatar. Look lower. Check his profile to find Istanbul. Be observant.
Edited by redwoodrandy - 05/11/2019 4:49 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3554 Posts
Posted 05/11/2019   4:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yolom. Study the eBay listings. Look at the collections in albums for sale under search. Look at the collections that actually sold under search-advanced. Observe.
Valued Member
37 Posts
Posted 05/11/2019   5:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Yolom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry redwoodrandy for being so stupid.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3554 Posts
Posted 05/11/2019   5:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yolom. Please take note that on eBay you will have zero(0) sales, zero(0) feedback and allowed few pictures. No, I do not have a better suggestion for selling. Anyone?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3554 Posts
Posted 05/11/2019   5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Being observant has nothing to do with your intelligence which is not in question. I just point out the obvious/facts. This is a learning experience. Please take it that way.
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05