Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can Anyone Identify Two Stamps Without Country?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2 Posts
Posted 05/08/2019   6:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add naughtybits to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My dad recently gave me his old stamp collection. I'm going through and cataloging everything but I can't find any identifying info on these two stamps. Any ideas?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6308 Posts
Posted 05/08/2019   6:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Both look like Austrian newspaper stamps - issued 2nd half of 19th century

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
2 Posts
Posted 05/08/2019   6:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naughtybits to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorcery! Thank you!
Valued Member
United States
120 Posts
Posted 05/08/2019   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First one is Scott P15 (the prefix letter P designating a newspaper stamp as Peter pointed out) year is 1908. The other is P11 (or P11a if it has varnish bars) issued in 1899. Both, despite their age of over 100 years catalogue at the Scott minimum of 25 cents
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
26479 Posts
Posted 05/08/2019   9:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05