Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Good Evening. I Have A Question About This Switzerland #7

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
Posted 05/12/2019   04:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add NanoPhilatelic to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am pretty sure this is a #7, not sure if it could be a variations, "A, B, or C"

There is no black frame around cross.
Any help with the color identification would be much appreciated.

Scan

Thank you.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
Posted 05/12/2019   04:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NanoPhilatelic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a forgery, right?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4121 Posts
Posted 05/12/2019   07:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cheap modern fake .
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1062 Posts
Posted 05/12/2019   5:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone know what the PP overprint is?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6194 Posts
Posted 05/12/2019   5:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Porte Payee ?

Peter
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
289 Posts
Posted 05/12/2019   5:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add codehappy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"PP" is a known cancel on the Swiss 1850 issue, I don't know what it stands for. (EDIT to add: looks like PeterT got it, "port payť", post paid.)

NanoPhilatelic, your pair looks like a crude forgery to me. Here are some genuine stamps of this issue to compare:

http://www.harmerschau.com/php/chap...er=30&page=2
https://stampauctionnetwork.com/v/v63821.cfm

I gotta ask, where do you get all of these fakes? Do you buy large reference collections, or what?
Edited by codehappy - 05/12/2019 5:46 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1062 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   6:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Petert4522 and codehappy.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
930 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Timm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Guys: Just don't say it is a fake and then say nothings more.
If you think a stamp, cancel or overprint is a fake... tell us why.
Valued Member
United States
386 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   11:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danko to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Timm,

That would be really nice. But good explanations takes good amount of time, and giving explanation to every Nano's post alone would be a full time job.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4121 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   12:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is a waste of time to help some people ,spend 1/2 hour taken apart a album and scanning a page of real stamps and then they don't even thank you and even worst when someone uses what you posted as a explainion to others without thanking you for the pictures . After a while you say less and don't waste time with people .
Valued Member
United Kingdom
162 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   5:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Noocassel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Timm it is useful if people can say why they conclude something is a fake or whatever.
Valued Member
386 Posts
Posted 05/17/2019   07:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
would agree with Floortrader in this case.

i do give the reasons to my oppinion, but it seems this person doesn't want to hear something isn't as he hoped.

i also have a hunch that many of these stamps aren't his, and that he just wants oppinions so he doesn't buy something that's not worth it, which is a clear misuse of peoples knowledge and good will.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5559 Posts
Posted 05/17/2019   07:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I agree with Timm it is useful if people can say why they conclude something is a fake or whatever.

Then what is this?

Quote:
NanoPhilatelic, your pair looks like a crude forgery to me. Here are some genuine stamps of this issue to compare:

http://www.harmerschau.com/php/chap...er=30&page=2
https://stampauctionnetwork.com/v/v63821.cfm
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
Posted 05/20/2019   3:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NanoPhilatelic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorsh, I own all of the stamps I posted on here. In fact I will retake pictures of everything I posted just to prove it. Why do I need to prove myself to you anyway.
Edited by NanoPhilatelic - 05/20/2019 3:46 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
1980 Posts
Posted 05/20/2019   4:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First of all; the first thing to look for in the Rayon stamps is the background line work.
They have to fit into one of the positions in the sheet.In these stamps the lines are
identical thus a obvious forgery pair.You can see it if you look carefully in each stamp.
A close up of just the bottom is enough.

Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
Posted Yesterday   04:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NanoPhilatelic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Perf12
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05