Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

First Time Seeing Cinderella Used As Postage

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,676Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
302 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   10:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Cul_Lector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I recently purchased some stamps on eBay from an US seller. I received the letter and saw this inperf. cinderella on it. Why would the USPS allow this? Amy info. would be appreciated.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff
Edited by Cul_Lector - 05/13/2019 10:03 am

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7657 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do not think the USPS "allowed" it. I believe the sender got away with it either by accident or on purpose

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6302 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That LOVE stamp looks like a nondenominated (.32) valid US stamp to me.
Edited by bookbndrbob - 05/13/2019 10:35 am
Pillar Of The Community
3814 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   10:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This LOVE stamp came in several formats. The lower left stamp is Scott 2949, from a booklet of 20.

The more general answer to your question is that US domestic mail dropped in a post box is faced, canceled, bar-coded, and sorted to delivery sequence all by machine. Most mail is never seen by a human until the carrier puts it in your mailbox. Automation makes it far more easy to slip a cinderalla by the system than ever before. They rely on public honesty. (Yes, I know this cover went to Canada.)
Edited by John Becker - 05/13/2019 10:34 am
Valued Member
Canada
302 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cul_Lector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is this rare for something like this to happen? In this day and age with the technology they have one would think that the USPS would have detected this.
Pillar Of The Community
3814 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   11:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cul Lector, All 4 adhesives on your cover are legitimate US stamps. There is no Cinderella on your cover.
Valued Member
Canada
302 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   11:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cul_Lector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John, I am looking at the lower let corner and I see a Cinderella with no value on it Your eyesight must be worse then mine.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3733 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see any Cinderella stamps. Check Scott 2949, as recommended.
Valued Member
Canada
302 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   11:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cul_Lector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I thought cinderellas had no postal fee. This is my last comment.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4482 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   12:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are quite mistaken about stamps and cinderellas.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4482 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I might add you need a little r-e-s-p-e-c-t.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1245 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   3:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cul_Lector: As others have pointed out, all of the items on your envelope are legitimate U.S. postage. Just because a "stamp" has no denomination does not mean that it is not a U.S. postage stamp. There are a good number of non-denominated U.S. stamps in existence. Scott 2949 (issued in 1995) is one such stamp. Scott 2948 (the WAG version of the same design) is another.
Edited by JLLebbert - 05/13/2019 3:39 pm
Valued Member
Canada
302 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cul_Lector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Respect is a two way street, redwoodrandy. Since some people have a problem I will be asking the moderator to remove my name from this forum. Maybe I'll find another forum where you're treated with respect.
Learn More...
9761 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   6:21 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Note: forums operate using a relational database and as such, referential integrity applies. In other words, a user account cannot be removed since it would 'break' any existing threads where the user account had posts.

So if a person wants to quit the forum, the process is to simply leave.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3733 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   8:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cul_lector. Please don't leave based on this one thread. If you look back on many of my earlier attempts to get answers, you will see quite a few silly topics, that were answered in various ways. I agree with your concern on Redwood's respect response. As far as I know, a Cinderella is an item that may look like a postage stamp, but never was approved for postal duty. I collect Cinderellas as a side interest, so you may want to consider that also. Cheers.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
560 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 2 bottom.stamps weren't cancelled probably because sufficient postage was applied. Or they were applied later.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,676Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05