Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was The First Issue To Use Op2 Inks ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
10 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   3:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Dairypac to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Precisely what stamp issue was the first use of OP2 ink. Was OP4 used after that? I have a Scott 611 with no tagging. Has it migrated or were they using the more stable ink.
Thanks,
Ross
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
541 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   9:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The stamp you mention is Unitrade #611 and is a 1973 Canadian 8c stamp of Bishop Laval. It normally has GT2 tagging which is not migratory. It has one bar on each of the two sides of the stamp. Is yours mint or used? Can you show a photo or image of it under the uv lamp?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by No1philatelist - 05/15/2019 9:57 pm
Valued Member
Canada
10 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dairypac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi No1philatelist, thanks
I was mixed up yesterday, talking about inks instead of phosphorescence and flouresence.
I think that I have included the photo. Not too sharp at this.
My thought process was that they had trouble when they first started the general tagging. But I see now that it wasn't with this printer.
Thanks again,
Ross
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4608 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   6:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My 2016 Unitrade lists 611 T1 untagged (error) at $100 MNH
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
541 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   9:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ross, real nice, and a great clear picture! A great sample of missing tagging. It is one I don't have in my collection.

Mike
Valued Member
Canada
10 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   10:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dairypac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks lithograving and Mike.
I'll put a couple more on.

I didn't find these listed.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
541 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   10:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes indeed. Some nice stuff! The joined pair with one missing the right tag bar. That set of two, the 8c with that odd centre tag bar instead of being on the right side. Interesting, now you have me thinking, I should check my own FDC's.

Mike
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6171 Posts
Posted 05/17/2019   08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dairypac
Your second picture 8 and 15 cent has an interesting tag...It is like a G3 tag with the right bar missing....I think you should send it off to

unitrade@adminware.ca

See what Robin thinks about it.I checked all tagging and I did not see yours.

Robert

Check this Adminware site for tagging below...

http://adminware.ca/tagging/index.php
Edited by wert - 05/17/2019 09:59 am
Valued Member
Canada
10 Posts
Posted 05/17/2019   1:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dairypac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wert
Thanks for your suggestion to send it to Unitrade. I will do that.

Ross
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
541 Posts
Posted 05/17/2019   8:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a G2cl +c? General tag with left tag and missing right tag. + possible c tag. The centre tag is not strong like other. Possible tagging mistrike?
Edited by No1philatelist - 05/17/2019 8:39 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6171 Posts
Posted 05/17/2019   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No1philatelist is correct...It is a G2aC, but very faint.

G2aC

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
541 Posts
Posted 05/17/2019   10:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
G2a is a shifted tagging while G2c is missing tagging.

Robert, that is a different stamp you show than what is shown in Dairypac's image. Yours is a G2aL +G2aC.

Dairypac's stamp has a thin left tag bar consistent with a missing tag and shown as G2cL, along with a thin centre bar not listed under G2. Tagging is faint due to a dry roller. Normal shifted tagging, G2aC would have shown as a thick centre bar. I would think the thin centre bar creates a new variety. Maybe a G2cLC or G2aLC?

Mike
Edited by No1philatelist - 05/17/2019 10:45 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05