Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help Viewing NYstamps Images On Ebay Listings

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
575 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   4:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add dutchman1948 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am trying to figure out how to view nystamps images on a PC in say the following listing as their links no longer works:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nystamps-A....m1438.l2649

Any help would be greatly appreciated

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ****** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ****** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1010 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   5:08 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I clicked on the link "View pictures 1-76" and it came right up.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3982 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   5:14 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I did, and it didn't! Obviously something awry - perhaps contact them direct.
Learn More...
6517 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   5:28 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is a browser issue, works in Chrome and Firefox but does not work in IE and Edge.

I recommend having several browsers installed on your computer.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1247 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure the prior posts are correct, or something has changed. In all my browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox), the text "Please use this link to view images 1-76" is not a hyperlink, it's just text. The listing has 9 sample images that come up right away, but not 76.
Learn More...
6517 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   6:01 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are multiple errors (quite a few scripting errors) on the page (i.e. In Edge hit the F12 key and then click in console tab) that is causing dicey browser behavior. It is highly likely that these kinds of errors are dependent upon a multiple of variables like browser, browser version, operating system, operating system version, browser add-ons, etc.

Some browsers are strict about scripting errors and will refuse to generate any of the link while others are more lenient. But since scripting can be abused and open exploits, it is probably best that that refuse to render the link.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1102 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   6:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was able to see all 76 images upon clicking the link in Chrome. On a different note, NY Stamps provides really crappy images. Low res, very small, and not expandable unless you copy and paste them into an image program like Irfanview. Even then, they zoom poorly. Good way to hide stuff.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1010 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   6:44 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use Edge, I see a link and get all 76 pics. Must be something very wrong if everyone sees something different.
Valued Member
Learn More...
354 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   8:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Also using Edge and was able to see all 76 images using the link. Strange.
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paul Mitchell to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Worked for me in Chrome.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2825 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   10:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One might be better off not being able to see the images.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1102 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   10:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Rodg
Pillar Of The Community
United States
635 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   11:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In all my browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox), the text "Please use this link to view images 1-76" is not a hyperlink, it's just text. The listing has 9 sample images that come up right away, but not 76.

Likewise in Safari.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1167 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   10:37 am  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No problems with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 with the latest security patches installed.

Try looking at the seller content in the listing:

https://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/itm/38...ue#itemTitle

instead of the listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3829519341...ue#itemTitle

The mapping between the listing and the seller content within an iframe should be clear.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
575 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
cfrphoto

Thank you. That works very well.

If I bookmark the link and just change the item number for other listings, will they then show images as well?

I haven't tested that theory myself but will do so.

PS: I had tried on Edge, Chrome, and Firefox and none worked for me
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
575 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It also works for other listings by just changing the item number.

Just as an aside, I know their problems but I may be purchasing for very different reasons.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05