Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Maybe Someone Needs To Take A History Class?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1476 Posts
Posted 05/21/2019   7:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add James Drummond to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Or, you know, look up alternative meanings for "N. R. A." in things like Wikipedia, maybe?

Lol.

Jim

https://www.ebay.com/itm/National-R...AOSwwbxc5GNq

Send note to Staff
Edited by James Drummond - 05/21/2019 8:17 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6389 Posts
Posted 05/21/2019   7:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim, maybe this guy is not old enough to know about this other NRA ?

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
Posted 05/21/2019   8:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately you seem to need a little knowledge of history to be successful. I googled "NRA" and got 4 or 5 pages of National Rifle Association links before it turned to National Restaurant Association :) Went through 10 pages (on my phone) and never saw anything about the National Recovery Act. As you type in "NRA" it does give you the suggestion to type "NRA new deal", but you almost have to know.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1476 Posts
Posted 05/21/2019   8:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know, I guess it depends on how and what you search for.

This label was the second entry in Google images, for me.

Jim

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6023 Posts
Posted 05/21/2019   10:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The seller did change it.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
171 Posts
Posted 05/22/2019   01:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Noocassel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have learnt something here, I automatically think of National rifle association.
NEPA has the same problem when you google it, instead of North East Philatelic Association you get all sorts of false hits for some relatively recent Act of congress from the USA.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
646 Posts
Posted 05/22/2019   07:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DonSellos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Same problem with APS without an added philatelic-related descriptor.

Don
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05