Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Can Not Find Saudi Arabia In My Minkus Album!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2 Posts
Posted 05/22/2019   11:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jfr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am more than a little embarassed to ask this question, but as the title says, I can not find Saudi Arabia in my 1963 Minkus "The New World Wide Postage Stamp album". It was my first album as a kid and I am trying to add stamps to it for fun. I have a group of Saudi Arabia stamps that I would like to add to this album and can not find this country anywhere - what am I missing?

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Regards,

JFR
Jon

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
332 Posts
Posted 05/22/2019   11:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rdavid to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a page for Hejaz?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4086 Posts
Posted 05/22/2019   12:12 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Arabia? Nejd?
Valued Member
Learn More...
351 Posts
Posted 05/22/2019   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1840to1940 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In the only Minkus album I still have, the My First Stamp Album, three countries on the same page are Greece, Saudi Arabia (Hejaz, Nejd) and Yemen. Sure, why not. But following the previous posts, I would try to find Hejaz.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2562 Posts
Posted 05/22/2019   3:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In my old Minkus Comprehensive album, Saudi Arabia comes after Russian areas (Ukraine, etc) and before Saar.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1736 Posts
Posted 05/22/2019   4:26 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you buy the album used? The previous owner may have removed it.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3654 Posts
Posted 05/22/2019   5:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
'
KSA ? (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
Posted 05/22/2019   6:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a 1965 edition and I find Saudi Arabia on page 286. It contains spaces for stamps of Nejd and Hejaz. The prior page contains Mongolia, Inner Mongolia, and Tuva. The following page is for the Netherlands.

I picked the album up cheaply a few years ago, but it is not in a usable condition. A shame because there is something appealing about it.

At some point I may go through it to determine the Scott numbers for each illustration.

Dale
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
Posted 05/22/2019   8:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Slightly off topic, but years ago, probably some time in the 1970's I bought a used copy of Volume II of the Scott International series, covering the years 1941-50. I had very little material in it at the time, and added very little to it over the years, because I was concentrating on Volume I. Also, for some reason, it was put in order the same way the old Scott catalogues were years ago: USA first, then Great Britain and the British Empire, then Latin America, and finally the rest of the world. Some time not too long ago, maybe around 5 years, I decided to put the pages in a more logical order and finally put everything alphabetically, and to my astonishment, because I had never noticed before, ALL of the Germany pages (i.e. covering the WWII years) were missing. It's not that I didn't have any Germany from those years, I guess I must have left them in my previous album. I wonder if the previous owner was Jewish?
And on a similar note, but more related to the Saudi Arabia issue,I remember when I was first collecting stamps in the early 1950's and my two older brothers were also, we all were perplexed when we got stamps from places like Indonesia and Israel, none of which had designated places in our albums. I guess we were geographically challenged enough at the time not to have realized they were nations created after the publication of the albums!
2 Posts
Posted 05/23/2019   2:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jfr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello All,

Thanks for the responses!

Is there a page for Hejaz? Not a page but 4 spaces between Honduras and Upper Silesia (Haute Silesie) but none like the Saudi Arabia stamps that I have. They all have Royaume de L'Arabie Saoudite or K.S.A. on them.

Arabia? Nejd? No Arabia but there is Nejd, but like Hejaz, not much space - 2 rows but none like the Saudi Arabia stamps that I have.

In my old Minkus Comprehensive album, Saudi Arabia comes after Russian areas (Ukraine, etc) and before Saar. Not in my 1963 version!

Did you buy the album used? The previous owner may have removed it. Nope, my album since I was a kid. All pages are numbered and sequential - none missing.

KSA ? (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) Not in my album but it is what is on the stamps!

I have a 1965 edition and I find Saudi Arabia on page 286. It contains spaces for stamps of Nejd and Hejaz. The prior page contains Mongolia, Inner Mongolia, and Tuva. The following page is for the Netherlands. Similar but not quite the same as in my 1963 edition!

Again, thanks for the responses, I guess Saudi Arabia is just not included in this version of the album.

Regards,

JFR
Jon
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05