Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stuck Stamps Separating Advise

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

40 Posts
Posted 05/24/2019   02:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Houdini to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can I use warm water

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3592 Posts
Posted 05/24/2019   03:52 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why would you want to use warm water and not cold?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
United States
4672 Posts
Posted 05/24/2019   07:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This has been discussed MANY times -- try using the SEARCH function (top of every page).
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
312 Posts
Posted 05/24/2019   1:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add codehappy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Soaking in water should separate the stamps safely, yes. Let them separate on their own; pulling them apart while wet might tear the paper. The water doesn't need to be warm; for some stamps warm water will be a problem, but for these issues it shouldn't matter.
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 05/24/2019   9:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would put them in cold water until they separate. I have a pile I need to do the same with, although in my case they are foreign and not U.S.

I've been setting the stuck together ones aside as I've been sorting through several mixtures I bought several years back.

Dale
Valued Member
40 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Houdini to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You very much. Cold water it is.
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   9:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Let us know how it works out.
Valued Member
40 Posts
Posted 05/26/2019   01:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Houdini to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is 5 min cold soak
Pillar Of The Community
United States
503 Posts
Posted 05/26/2019   11:05 am  Show Profile Check 91stang's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 91stang to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
really?

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1497 Posts
Posted 05/26/2019   6:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Houdini,

They couldn't have been stuck together all that badly! Happy for your success.

Jack Kelley
Edited by jkelley01938 - 05/26/2019 6:18 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05