Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Flight Covers Australia..nz..and Worldwide

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
11 Posts
Posted 05/24/2019   07:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mailcovers to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

As a new member I thought it would be a good idea to start a Flight Covers thread not only for my interests Australia and New Zealand, but flight covers from around the world as well.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Australia
11 Posts
Posted 05/24/2019   10:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mailcovers to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

!978 Special Flight Cover ..signed by Sir Edmund Hilary
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by mailcovers - 05/25/2019 12:16 am
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
541 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   04:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great stuff mailcovers keep them coming!
I love early airmail covers and the Everest one took my breath away!
Oh.....welcome to the forum!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26730 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   05:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your Sydney to Hong Kong cover, is signed by the Flight Captain.
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
518 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   07:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With some Australian interest.

1934 special cover for the Douglas flight London Melbourne. Cover with Emma(Queen Mother)stamps, to raise funds in the fight against tuberculosis.

Cover went from the Dutch Indies to Netherlands, from the Netherlands to London. From London to Melbourne and via ship from Melbourne back to the Dutch indies. 2500 numbered covers were issued. The green arrival stamp on the backside from Melbourne is not always present.

Valued Member
Australia
11 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   08:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mailcovers to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Laurie02, Rod222, for your comments...and Johan Buvelot for those nice covers
I think they fetch a fair price these days.
This is another early 1926 of mine Queensland to NSW.
Edited by mailcovers - 05/25/2019 08:55 am
Valued Member
Australia
11 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   08:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mailcovers to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Parted with a lot of my Concorde Flight Covers years back , except these two !

Valued Member
Australia
11 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   09:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mailcovers to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another couple Aust/Qantas 1949 Signed Capt. Hampshire
and 1938 Aust/PNG Flight.

Valued Member
United States
497 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Covers! I like the Concordes.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1637 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1934 Melbourne to Lae, Papua and return:

Don't let the SHIP MAIL ROOM cancels throw you off. That office handled all outgoing foreign mail.
-----
1939 Pan Am transatlantic flight via the southern route. Azores to New York return leg:

Edited by hy-brasil - 05/25/2019 9:02 pm
Valued Member
Australia
11 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mailcovers to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Love these ones hy-brasil !
Valued Member
Australia
11 Posts
Posted 05/27/2019   12:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mailcovers to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Australia and NZ flight covers both 1935

Valued Member
Australia
11 Posts
Posted 05/27/2019   01:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mailcovers to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shark Patrol Flight 1935...An unusual cover signed by pilot E. Collibee.
Valued Member
Australia
11 Posts
Posted 06/01/2019   01:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mailcovers to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This cover went for Auction for A$750 in 2008 !
I wonder what it is worth now ?

Pillar Of The Community
1028 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   09:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kimo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From what I have seen the prices on these have declined a bit to around $600 Australian which is about 415 US dollars.
Valued Member
Australia
11 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mailcovers to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Kimo ..you are probably correct ..although Kingsford Smith Covers especially signed always keep there value , and of course are increasing each year.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05