Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help To ID This Lovely Stamp From Korea ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
27 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   05:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Martina to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Good Day To You All.
I bought aload of stamps yesterday from a charity shop & came across this wonderful stamp,which im guessing is from Korea ?.
(Please feel free to correct me if im wrong?)
I was up until the early hrs of this morning researching,but had no luck.
I thought at 1st that it might of been chinese but then I realized the writing wasnt the same compared to my other stamps from China.
Now im dying to know more about it & I would appreciate any info you have to share with me.
Thankyou...

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
France
499 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   05:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi.
Nice triptych from North Korea,issued in 1974
Michel # 1231/3
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United Kingdom
27 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   05:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Martina to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your reply..

Triptych is a new word for me.

Looking forward to finding out more about it . Thanks again
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
312 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   5:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add codehappy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looking forward to finding out more about it . Thanks again

Like a lot of North Korean stamps of that time, it's propaganda. It commemorates the tenth anniversary of the publication of Kim il-Sung's Rural Theses.

The three different stamps depict the "three agricultural revolutions" described in the book: ideological (party loyalty), cultural (Korean nationalism), and technological (farm machinery). Imagine Mao's little red book, but written for Korean farmers, and you get the basic idea.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
776 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   5:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philatarium to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you follow Scott catalog numbers, it's #1190, with a 2017 catalog value of $2.75 mint and $0.50 used.

Yours is used. In actuality, it's very likely CTO ("cancelled to order"), meaning that the stamps were cancelled by the issuing agency and sold that way, never placed on an envelope and mailed.

Enjoy our great hobby!
-- Japan, Korea, Trucial States, Swiss booklets & more on HipStamp: https://www.hipstamp.com/store/the-philatarium

long-term member: American Philatelic Society, Int'l Society for Japanese Philately, & others
Edited by Philatarium - 05/25/2019 6:03 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
27 Posts
Posted 05/29/2019   05:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Martina to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for the late reply but i've only just seen your responses now.
I appreciate all your help as I was finding it hard to find out the stamps history, so thankyou very much.
The stamps will look very attractive in my album.
I've written down the info you've shared with me for future reference.
I'm enjoying every second of my new hobbie
Pillar Of The Community
United States
525 Posts
Posted 05/29/2019   10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Martina

If you have a love of history this hobby provides many learning opportunities.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
27 Posts
Posted 05/29/2019   11:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Martina to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hello, gettinold

My knowledge of history was rubbish until I started stamp collecting recently.
I wouldn't say its great now,but I have learnt so much since I started & I am enjoying it very much.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05