Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Grandfather's Schaubek Sweden Stamp Album Nr. 806 S (1855-1960)

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   8:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add swedishfish007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Link to Album of Stamps first:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...c0tGR0xIakZR

Recently came across another one of my late grandfather's hobbies, philately! The above linked album is (from what I can tell) the thing that's most likely to have any value out of his collection but if I'm being honest I'm a bit out of my depths.

There's a couple interesting stamps in the collection including a 24sk Tjugufyra (with awful centering), a 20 ore blue Gustav V stamp from 1920, possibly three "wavy" violet Gustav V 15/20 ore stamps from 1921 (no clue on watermarks...), a 20 ore on 2 ore orange air post stamp from 1920, and a blue Gustuv II Adolphus stamp from 1920.

But honestly... no clue if any of the above are real. No clue if they're of any value. And no clue if these maybe aren't even the real heavy hitters in this set.

Any and all news or information would be lovely. Also, any suggestions as to where I might find more information in person or online would be wonderful as well.

Thank you all and have a pleasant evening :)
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3114 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   8:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I see no photos.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add swedishfish007 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

It's a google photo drive link - second line of the post. Is it not showing up for anyone else?

I used an incognito tab to insure that it isn't just working for my end and it seemed to be fine? What else can I do to help you see the pictures?
Edited by swedishfish007 - 06/02/2019 8:26 pm
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   8:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add swedishfish007 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It looks as though I might have to post this link:

***Link Fixed***

But I read the forum doesn't allow shortened urls.
Learn More...
6803 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   8:40 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.
Image links work fine.
Don
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   8:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add swedishfish007 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don! You certainly put the "stud" in studebaker. Appreciate ya!
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add howell1018 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can see the pictures very nicely, but I can't make out the "treskilling yellow." Which page is it on?
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   9:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add swedishfish007 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I certainly don't have a treskilling yellow in here, I wish!
If there were one it would be on the first page but it's unfortunately not there.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1128 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   11:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Really nice collection

Plenty of $10-$60 stamps and worth expanding on.

Thanks for sharing
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   11:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add swedishfish007 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Expanding upon it would be lovely but I wouldn't be surprised if my family wants to part with the stamps since it's hard to divvy them up equally among the heirs.

Any idea on the bigger items in the collection Bobby? I'm assuming they'd need to be seen in person to know more but perhaps I'm wrong?
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1128 Posts
Posted 06/03/2019   02:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 24s Orange is $30, the 4s blue $80, the 50ore rose $110, the 20ore vermilion $20. These prices are from the 2014 Scott Classic Specialized and they're for stamps in very good condition. There's a few concerns with some of yours by generally the condition in your collection appears to be pretty good.

The 17ore is worth getting looked at properly. It appears mint. Does it have gum?

The 1872/79 page would have to be examined too for perforation varieties.

Hope this helps a bit
Edited by Bobby De La Rue - 06/03/2019 02:38 am
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 06/03/2019   04:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add swedishfish007 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby, that's a tremendous help!

I've been using the following websites to try and further appraise things / get an idea of what we have on our hands here:

http://www.jaysmith.com/Lists/Swede...edenTOC.html

https://www.northstamp.com/RETAIL/S...den1-163.htm

https://www.stampworld.com/en/stamp...48705&page=1

https://classic.stamps.org/DisplayPage.aspx?id=32

Would you say that most of those seem credible enough?

As for the 17 ore, I don't know enough about stamps to put my grimy little paws all over them so if there's something worth looking at a little further I'll be sure to make a note in the information section of the stamp pictures and I'll take special care to ask someone who knows more than I do about this kind of thing to look at it closer.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4155 Posts
Posted 06/03/2019   05:46 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd guess at around 200 for the album at GB auction prices, but happy to be corrected.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1128 Posts
Posted 06/03/2019   05:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The first two links are both good, I've heard no terrible reports of either dealer. Others may chime in one way or the other though.

I think Geoff is about on the money.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4155 Posts
Posted 06/03/2019   06:24 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby - now I just need to be IN the money
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 06/03/2019   2:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add swedishfish007 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm curious as to how you think Geoff is right about the auction price of 200 when earlier the four stamps or so you mentioned totaled over 200 lol
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05