Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Why Do Auction Houses Get A Free Pass When They Charge Excessive Shipping?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
588 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   1:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
revenuecollector

I agree 100% on both counts.

It seems abctoo has done this on other threads as well.

Personally, I would not take anything he discusses based on his unproven statements as other than erroneous and problematic for others as hearsay
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
6647 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   2:02 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
abctoo is wrong. He is trying to make the case that eBay would keep track of millions of independent T&Cs which is simply stupid.

eBay has one set of T&Cs although it is true that they allow some flexibility for terms such as returns but sellers have to abide by the return choices within the 'My eBay' form. Here is the eBay returns policy; note it says nothing about 'just write your own return policy'; instead it implicitly says "You agree to comply with our returns policy."

Sellers are required to handle returns within the return options supplied by the My eBay' listing form. eBay makes the rules, eBay enforces their rules; they do not enforce other people's rules. Why would eBay be willing to try to interpret and then enforce millions of listings each with their own set of Terms and Conditions? It makes absolutely no sense.

The fact that clueless sellers often write additional return T&Cs in their listings is simply a sign that eBay is not willing to try to police stupidity.

abctoo, folks are welcome to post opinions but please do not post misinformation. Consider the kind of headaches you could be generating if anyone tried to follow your incorrect interpretation. You are not posting an opinion about a stamp or cover, you are posting incorrect misinformation that could lead others to make costly mistakes.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
588 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
51studebaker

Well put, I agree 100%, now if only abctoo would comprehend.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2932 Posts
Posted Yesterday   1:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just won a $180 lot at Spink and they invoiced me $30 for shipping.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
550 Posts
Posted Yesterday   4:11 pm  Show Profile Check paperhistory's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paperhistory to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm pretty sure that's a flat minimum for Spink (I had a similar experience with a low-cost lot - worked out fine, I still did very well on resale). At least they still use FedEx. I had another house charge me $25 or $30 shipping for a single lot under $100 and then they mailed it certified mail for a couple of bucks.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05