Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does Anyone Know The Price Of A Used Franklin 476a

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
166 Posts
Posted 06/25/2019   11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dan Townsend to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the response imodius;
I did call one certify-er just to here what they had to say about this stamp.
He told me he could not certify this stamp as 476A used but I told him I thought this was a double paper and he told to send it in .I thought maybe that might mean something .Here is the problem it should not be any double paper stamps because the last one that I could tell were made back in 1895 and I think they made some again in 1935 but none in 1916 unless somehow they made some mistake and had old paper around and used it for some reason what are the odd's.
But I guess sending it in they could tell,that would be the reason to send in.
I just read a thread on another stamp site and they said a soft paper stamp has been seen to look like a double paper stamp but it didn't go into specific's year so Im still leaning on what to do.
This is what could be seen if it was double paper this stamp being from a totally different type of paper could not and should not have a watermark because double paper's did not have watermarks to.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
6785 Posts
Posted 06/25/2019   12:18 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I used to think I was indecisive...but now I am not so sure.

Don
Valued Member
166 Posts
Posted 06/25/2019   1:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dan Townsend to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don I think you are right about I'm not so sure.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6313 Posts
Posted 06/25/2019   1:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Posted 06/08/2019 12:17 am:
"I think that would be a good Idea"

I thought this was over with the fourth post ?

Peter
Valued Member
166 Posts
Posted 06/25/2019   2:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dan Townsend to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I did to Peter, I guess people what to know.
Valued Member
166 Posts
Posted 06/27/2019   2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dan Townsend to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again;
I know this might be beating the dead horse again that poor horse.
But I found out this little piece of info that I thought was interesting.
This may sway me into getting this stamp certified .
There is a little known fact but I think might be important.
1917 World war 1 was going strong and they were told back then to conserve paper.
I don't know how it affected the stamp business but if they couldn't get paper
they might be tempted to use old experimental double paper that they had laying around who knows.
I think that's going to be the last thread unless more info pops up ,but I thought that might be very interesting.
Thanks for listening
Dan
Learn More...
6785 Posts
Posted 06/27/2019   3:25 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

A stamp video I did that I think is appropriate at this time.

nUM8euz9n_Y

Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3554 Posts
Posted 06/27/2019   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
166 Posts
Posted 06/27/2019   7:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dan Townsend to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Don;
I love Disney that was cute
You cant miss with Disney .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3554 Posts
Posted 06/27/2019   7:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have the audio on both my laptop and youtube but have been unable to receive audio lately. Any fix? I am synchronized to a new iphone which I am a novice with use. I only have been trying to listen on my laptop so far.
Edited by redwoodrandy - 06/27/2019 7:54 pm
Valued Member
166 Posts
Posted 06/27/2019   11:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dan Townsend to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Randy;
Sorry I don't know that much about audio systems maybe someone knows how to, in this community.
It could be a lot of things
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05