Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are These Uncommon Stamps?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

5 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   8:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Texas89 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I enjoy hunting for rare stamps hidden with in the general public. I feel many long lost stamps may be found this way. Regardless its fun for me. Must admit I Could use a great source of rare stamp information if anybody knows of a good site or any good source of information on this topic of rare, uncommon stamps I would appreciate your help thanks.

uploaded/TEXAS89/20190610_IMG-

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
223 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   8:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Texas 89.

Given this is your first posting, welcome. Trust you will the SCF to be a great information resource as well as source of philatelic camaraderie.

Evaluating postage stamps via internet postings can be problematic. However, based on a quick scan of the material you posted, nothing jumps out as particularly valuable. (In terms of catalogue value.). Most of what you posted are common stamps typically found in a beginner's collection. Perhaps other members will offer a different perspective.

In general terms, stamp condition plays a very important role re value and desirability. It appears many of the examples you posted include tears, missing corners, thin spots, heavy cancellations, etc. Such stamps hold little interest for fellow collectors or dealers.

What you shared can be considered "building blocks" for the start of a beginner's worldwide collection. Which is likely the very same place many of us on the SCF started.

Cheers.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
223 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   8:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Texas 89.

Given this is your first posting, welcome. Trust you will the SCF to be a great information resource as well as source of philatelic camaraderie.

Evaluating postage stamps via internet postings can be problematic. However, based on a quick scan of the material you posted, nothing jumps out as particularly valuable. (In terms of catalogue value.). Most of what you posted are common stamps typically found in a beginner's collection. Perhaps other members will offer a different perspective.

In general terms, stamp condition plays a very important role re value and desirability. It appears many of the examples you posted include tears, missing corners, thin spots, heavy cancellations, etc. Such stamps hold little interest for fellow collectors or dealers.

What you shared can be considered "building blocks" for the start of a beginner's worldwide collection. Which is likely the very same place many of us on the SCF started.

Cheers.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3254 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   8:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
660 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well that is brutally honest. Unfortunately for the OP there is little of value and much damaged as Cal mentioned. I notice there are several with tape stains that are quite evident with the brownish/yellowish coming through the stamps. Good beginners collection if the damaged was removed.
Edited by No1philatelist - 06/10/2019 9:09 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
660 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, what is going on here? The pictures of Asian stamps that are posted in this thread are the same ones in a previous post by brookeAD5683 stating "need help identifying these Asian stamps" "BUSTED"
Pillar Of The Community
United States
611 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   9:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No1philatelist

Noticed that too. Was going to mention it but you beat me to it.
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   9:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I also noticed that. Just posted a similar question on the other thread
Valued Member
5 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Texas89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ya this is someones collection given to me to try and sell, but you right. Lots of damage. They where in the worst condition when he gave them to me. So I understand these are of no value but I was wondering. What if they where in mint condition? If every stamp was free of damage, what would a collection like this be worth mint? Answering this questions wold relly give me some much needed insite. You see im still geting used to the scott catalog.
Learn More...
6966 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   9:51 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Texas/Brooke,
Why have you started two accounts under different names? You need to quickly clear this up before you get locked out.

From the forum rules..

Quote:
You may only have one member account. Multiple accounts are not permitted.

Don
Valued Member
United States
422 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   10:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danko to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If all these stamps were Mint mostly Never Hinged and in tip-top shape, then you'll be looking at something like $50 to $100 I think.
Valued Member
5 Posts
Posted 06/11/2019   08:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Texas89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One account is my ladys. Do I still gotta clear out?
Learn More...
6966 Posts
Posted 06/11/2019   08:20 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No, the other account was locked; please understand that people with bad intent often use multiple accounts. If the desire is for different family members to have unique accounts please contact the Mods by using the "Send Note To Staff" link and notifying us of the intent.
Don
Valued Member
5 Posts
Posted 06/11/2019   08:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Texas89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I did that already I tryed to take down my topic but I dont know how.
Valued Member
5 Posts
Posted 06/11/2019   08:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Texas89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If possible id rather mine be lock. But ill work this out with my lady in the afternoon. I was unaware she posted my stamps,which is ok. But like I said, she forgot to inform me. Im sorry bout this misunderstanding. Im trying to delete my account. If possible restore brookes and delete mine please.
Learn More...
6966 Posts
Posted 06/11/2019   08:41 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I just sent you an email.
Don
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05