Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Offset Badly Cut 1917 50 Cent Us Stamp

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
10 Posts
Posted 06/14/2019   4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Victoria Rutherford to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does the fact that this stamp is badly cut by the post office mean this is valueless and I should just throw this away, or does this still retain some of it's value, if any?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
10 Posts
Posted 06/14/2019   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Victoria Rutherford to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, no thanks for your response, but that wasn't my question, I actually do not want to keep the stamps I was given, I want to sell them, because my child needs college books. I have a small collection of stamps, and haven't been through them all yet. I will answer a lot of my own questions, but some, like this question, I haven't been able to find the answer to. I just needed to know if this stamp has been rendered valueless because of the offset cut, and should I just toss it, or if I attempt to sell it in the collection, would it be worth anything.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
6797 Posts
Posted 06/14/2019   4:50 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Value is greatly reduced since fewer collectors want a stamp that is off-centered like this one.
Don
Valued Member
United States
10 Posts
Posted 06/14/2019   5:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Victoria Rutherford to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't say for college, I said for his college text books. I've already made over a hundred dollars off of some of the stamps, which did indeed pay for one of his books. I'm not sure where you are coming from with this, but I'm still going to sell the stamps. I just had a few questions about the stamps. I'm sorry there is a lot of comprehension problems with these posts, I guess.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4149 Posts
Posted 06/14/2019   7:02 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Misperforated stamps can actually have additional value, but the misperforation needs to be fairly extravagant, taking in a fair chunk of the adjacent stamp from the sheet, rather than just off-centre..

Keep showing the other stamps you want to know about!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05