Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Albumeasy V4.0 Just Released - Free Software For Creating Custom Stamp Album Pages

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 71 / Views: 7,021Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
Posted 12/07/2020   2:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JRockne to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Could I use this to design pages that could be printed on lighthouse pages?

I'm guessing yes. Probably need to go to print shop.

But definitely intrigued about building a collection of Swedish town cancels and then having them in my lighthouse hingeless album.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Canada
281 Posts
Posted 12/07/2020   6:38 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andy,
As from AlbumEasy V4.2, which I am planning on releasing in the next few days, you can combine text and images inside boxes, hopefully, this example is a better illustration than the simplistic single stamp example in my previous post:

This should allow you to recreate the "2000 Commemoratives" sample you posted.
Clive

AlbumEasy - Free software for creating custom stamp album pages
PSGSA - The Philatelic Society for Greater Southern Africa

Valued Member
Canada
281 Posts
Posted 12/07/2020   6:42 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hi JRockne,

Quote:
Could I use this to design pages that could be printed on lighthouse pages?

I'm guessing yes. Probably need to go to print shop.

Absolutely you can create whatever sized pages you like with AlbumEasy, however, unless you have a printer that can handle the Lighthouse pages you will need to go to a print shop.
Clive

Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
Posted 12/08/2020   12:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JRockne to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Perfect. Just watched the tutorial. Looking forward to adding a town cancel section to my lighthouse Scandinavian collection.
Valued Member
Canada
281 Posts
Posted 12/08/2020   01:11 am  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
JRockne,
Please shout if you have any questions, either via the contact form on my website, or else this forum if you prefer
Clive

Valued Member
United States
174 Posts
Posted 05/07/2021   12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phillystamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it possible to create 3 columns? I keep getting errors when I try and add a 2nd PAGE_COLUMN_NEXT command. I'm trying to add 2 small stamps in a column with a single large stamp in the next column and 2 more smaller stamps in the third column.
Edited by Phillystamper - 05/07/2021 12:15 pm
Valued Member
Canada
281 Posts
Posted 05/07/2021   3:51 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Phillystamper,
Unfortunately, the current version of AlbumEasy only supports two columns - multiple column support is on my list for a few release. However, that doesn't help you now.

What may work instead, is to use the STAMP_ADD_BLANK(width height) command which allows one to insert blank stamps in a row, these are stamp boxes without text or a frame to act as spacers between the stamp boxes.

If that doesn't work for you, please contact me either via a message on this site, or via the contact form on my website so that you can send me the file, and I am sure that I will be able to come up with a solution :)
Clive

Valued Member
United States
174 Posts
Posted 05/08/2021   12:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phillystamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Clive, No worries, I was able to make an alternate arrangement with as you mention STAMP_ADD_BLANK. Another idea/suggestion would be to put two stamps in one stamp box.
Valued Member
United States
86 Posts
Posted 05/23/2021   12:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add trabz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How do you set up the stamp box dimension? do you add 2 mm to the actual stamp lengh and height per se in the code?

STAMP_ADD (42.0 25.0 "1 C" "" "" "")

the actual stamp dimension are 40mm and 23mm.

I also noticed that after printing, I took the ruler and measured the box dimension on the paper. it wasnt 42 mm, it was around 40 mm
Valued Member
Canada
281 Posts
Posted 05/23/2021   2:53 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi trabz,
If I am using mounts, I like to make the boxes 4mm larger than the actual stamp, to leave a 2mm border all around the stamp. That is because the Lighthouse mounts I use are 4mm taller than the stamps.

Other makes of mounts might be slightly different, or if you are using hinges, you can set the size of the box much closer to the size of the actual stamp depending on your personal preference.

There are two ways that one can do this, for example, if the actual stamp is 40mm x 23mm
You can use
STAMP_ADD (44.0 27.0 "1 C" "" "" "")

The way I prefer to do it though is to use the STAMP_BOXES_SIZE_ADJUST at the beginning of the file. e.g to increase all boxes by 4mm:
STAMP_BOXES_SIZE_ADJUST(4.0)

and to then set the boxes to the actual size.
STAMP_ADD (40.0 23.0 "1 C" "" "" "")

That way, if you change stamp mounts or to hinges in the future, you can adjust all boxes in one place instead of having to go through the whole file.

When printed, the boxes should print at the correct size, if they do not, then please check the print dialog box to ensure that none of the page scaling options such as "Shrink oversized pages to paper size" or "Expand small pages to paper size" etc. are not selected otherwise, items on the page may not print at the correct size.

Clive

Valued Member
United States
86 Posts
Posted 05/24/2021   04:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add trabz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Clive. Your tips saved me a lot of time.

Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 71 / Views: 7,021Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05