Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Best Us Album For Used Stamp Collectors?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
11 Posts
Posted 06/15/2019   08:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stamperJD to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I currently use Steiner pages for my stamp collection, but I am not satisfied in the way more modern stamps are treated. I only collect used stamps, and it is very unlikely an entire sheet of stamps will be found used. I would like an album that has individual spaces for all the stamps that are part of a set as instead of one giant space which expects sheets, blocks, or strips of stamps to be intact.

Is anyone aware of such an album? I prefer pages I can print myself so I can continue to use high quality 100% cotton paper. I am aware I could create the pages myself, but for me time is in short supply so this is not a reasonable option.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
48 Posts
Posted 06/15/2019   08:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott publishes an album for US singles, starting with the year 1964. I read about it Linn's but when I went to the Amos Media website I could not find that exact thing. Their website is an organizational disaster.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
321 Posts
Posted 06/15/2019   09:09 am  Show Profile Check matttodd1's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add matttodd1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm more or less in the same boat and have been creating my own, but I'm only up to the 1970s or so. I should somehow make them available when I "catch up!"

Matt
Learn More...
6786 Posts
Posted 06/15/2019   09:58 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamp Smarter pages are done up through 1995. Currently working on HPO catalog project but should return to adding more recent US page this summer.
http://stampsmarter.com/learning/Fo...agesReg.html
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1543 Posts
Posted 06/15/2019   12:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Totally recommend Mystic. Best buy for the buck. Also, our own Andy Pastuszak is know for modifying selected pages on the Premium album and then making them available to us.

Jack Kelley
Valued Member
United States
11 Posts
Posted 06/16/2019   10:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperJD to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone for your advice, I wasn't aware of the US singles albums Scott was creating and I decided to go with that. I took a look at the stamp smarter albums, and while they are beautiful it looked like they still print blocks as blocks instead of as singles, as do the Mystic albums.

Germania, you are right about that amos website being an organizational disaster - I had to do a google search to find what I wanted on their website.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
530 Posts
Posted 06/17/2019   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was just reading the 6/24 issue of Linn's: These albums are expensive & are in 4-parts: 1964-1979 (150NUS1 @ $39.99/$33.99AA), 1980-1989 (150NUS2, $44.99/$38.24AA), 1990-1994 (150NUS3, $32.99/$28.04AA), & 1995-1999 (150NUS4, $44.99/$38.24AA). They also have sets, 1964-1989 (150NALB01 $126.97/$89.72AA) & 1990-1999, (150NALB02, $119.97/$83.78AA). I would agree with some of the above that it would be far less expensive to print your own pages & purchase from a local office supply a study 3-ring binder.
Valued Member
United States
234 Posts
Posted 06/17/2019   12:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DaveG28 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Get a Mystic Heirloom album. Can't beat it. But be prepared to get a couple of extra binders when you get the pages current. Once they fill up with stamps, they do expand. I just started binder 6 in my set. It contains 2016-2018, plus the airmails and BOB.
Valued Member
United States
131 Posts
Posted 06/17/2019   1:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add qaman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I beleive the APS has free yearly (recent) pages you can print off.
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
Posted 06/22/2019   03:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Louise411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello;
Try this site, https://www.ihobhttps://www.ihobb.com/c/SCOTT_INTERNATIONAL_ALBUM

iHobb.com and follow left boarder start with Shop by Brand and then push Scott button and you will see lots of choices.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2379 Posts
Posted 06/22/2019   06:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will note Mystic keeps blocks and strips intact but it is a good value US album.
Al
Edited by angore - 06/22/2019 06:06 am
Valued Member
United States
40 Posts
Posted 06/23/2019   7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dbuss to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I realize you want to print out your pages on quality paper. However, for what it is worth, the old standby H. E. Harris Liberty album fits the bill for collectors of singles and blocks. I use it for my US used collection for exactly the same reason as you wish to do. I simply set aside the sheet and larger block pages and use the single pages only. Yes, most agree that Harris pages are flimsy by comparison to others. However, since post 1940 US used stamps are virtually worthless (apart from a few exceptions), why worry about album paper quality? Collecting used US singles is challenging and enjoyable. And you can still look for canceled se-tenant blocks of four because there are spaces for those in the Liberty album.
Valued Member
101 Posts
Posted 06/26/2019   11:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Given how the USPS churns out popsicle stamps, yes, I feel like a used stamp collector, as well as an abused stamp collector.

As for best album, my preference is With The Beatles since it contains the song Please Mr. Postman, but you did specify US album, so in that case I recommend Please Mr. Postman by The Marvelettes. HTH
Valued Member
United States
103 Posts
Posted 06/27/2019   08:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Swscfdc87 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just got a Mystic album for my used. They do keep blocks together and show full seten sheets, but I can still place my used stamp over the image and cover it to look nice. To each their own though. Let me know how the album for singles is. Maybe I'll change over someday.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05