Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unknown Non-perforated Stamp, Definitive OR From Pre-printed Stationary?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Zealand
2 Posts
Posted 06/17/2019   4:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Cat007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Please help me identify this stamp. It came with a whole lot of embossed pre-printed stationary from Great Britain, but Im not convinced it is from GB. Also not sure if its pre-printed or a non-perforated stamp. No numerals on it either. Colour is a grey. Had no luck on google, but may be able to find iut more, if I could identify who the image is of. Any help would be appreciated.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6310 Posts
Posted 06/17/2019   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can not see it very well, but you might check Austria newspaper stamps

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
193 Posts
Posted 06/17/2019   6:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Agree. Austrian newspaper stamp. 1867 to 1880.

Imperforate.

Many subtle varieties. Interesting collecting sub-genre.

Scott is a good starting point. Specialty catalogues provide addtl insight.

Your sample has seen better days.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
26479 Posts
Posted 06/17/2019   9:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: Polite advice...Stationary=not moving, Stationery = writing paper or office materials.

Edited by rod222 - 06/17/2019 10:03 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
193 Posts
Posted 06/17/2019   11:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Rod...

Thx for sharing your display method. Good "inspiration". Assume you customized a Steiner template.

As previously note the base issue serves as basis for an interesting "sub collection" of varieties.

Cheers.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
26479 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   1:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Calstamp,
thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Assume you customized a Steiner template.

No Sir, I think I am the world's only user of the free "Stamp Page Creator"
a super awkward and clunky page maker.
However over 6 years have become an expert
I can make a Steiner "lookalike" page in about 20 seconds.
That's what I did here.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
193 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

An endangered species indeed.

Put me down for 9 pages. Invoiced at three minutes. No surcharge for time zone differential.

Thanks.
New Zealand
2 Posts
Posted 06/19/2019   11:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cat007 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou all so much. I have inherited a few stamp collections, some very worse for wear and have managed to salvage many unusual stamps. Its a pity they are so damaged, but its still better than nothing and has been so interesting learning about the more unusual finds.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05