Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott 99 24c Grilled - What Do You Think?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

321 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   11:03 am  Show Profile Check matttodd1's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add matttodd1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Thoughts on this 24c grilled issue? I'm thinking of buying it.

Matt

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
662 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   11:18 am  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent centering, cancel slightly covering Washington's face. Only fault I see is the perf tip crease on the lower right corner.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   3:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funcitypapa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
About as well centered as you are likely to find. Nice grill .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
504 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alub to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
looks like a perf added in the middle on the bottom.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3109 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   4:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is a fake grill.
Valued Member
321 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   4:46 pm  Show Profile Check matttodd1's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add matttodd1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rogdcam. Can you elaborate a bit on how you recognize the grill as fake? Thanks in advance!

Matt
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3109 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   4:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Matt - I had to look for a scan. Here is a real 99 grill with a cert:

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5914 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The fact that the two grills do not look identical does not automatically make the first grill a fake. It might or might not be, it needs to be looked at in person by someone knowledgeable about grills.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3109 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   6:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rev! How are you my friend. I knew you would show up. Any suggestions as to who that expert might be?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5914 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   7:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The PF. I doubt anyone would want to make a pronouncement from this scan.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3109 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   7:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
662 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   8:05 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The grill looks pretty typical to me. I won't make any pronouncement, but I don't see any red flags.
Edited by rlsny - 06/18/2019 8:05 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3109 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   8:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
452 Posts
Posted 06/18/2019   9:46 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would have to agree with alub...that sure looks like an added perf at bottom...
Valued Member
321 Posts
Posted 06/21/2019   6:22 pm  Show Profile Check matttodd1's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add matttodd1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for all the great insights! I ended up not buying the one at the top of the thread. Just for fun, below are scans of a reference copy of scott 99, which I do already own (PSE 01283329).

Matt

Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
Posted 06/21/2019   8:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funcitypapa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mistaken comment
Edited by funcitypapa - 06/22/2019 08:19 am
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05