Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

More Insanity From Amos Press

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1796 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   10:02 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got an email over the weekend from the subscription service. The guy I've been dealing with there apologized for the delay in getting back, said he'd been on vacation (!) He said he'd forward my inquiry to Customer Service for a 'status report' cautioning this could take several days. I forwarded that and all the emails from these people to Linn's. About ten minutes later I got a terse reply that they'd contact this third party and ask them to process a cancellation on the subscription I'd accidentally booked through them. Let's hope they do not screw this up further by cancelling the subscription I currently have.

This is not about Linn's bashing. They are indeed a valuable resource to our hobby and I wish them to prosper and live long. That however does not mean we have to eat dirt. They need to be called out when they do bone headed things like this.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1796 Posts
Posted 08/23/2019   7:40 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Update, I thought this was over and done with, today I got a letter from my carrier asking me to call them and warning that the amount could be put back on my card if I didn't. This is exactly what I went through with them last month. Upon doing so I wound up talking to someone overseas who kept referring to this as a 'fraudulent' transaction. They said not on my part but that apparently this merchant has a sketchy history. They then wanted to cancel and reissue my card, they couldn't promise at the same APR rate! As discussion wore on it seemed I was going to be penalized with having a 'special' card, apparently the one they issue to people creating problems for them.

I won't repeat what followed but I wound up with a supervisor who told me there was no problem with my card and thanked me for being a customer.

All this because Amos decided for whatever reason not to handle online subs and renewals in Sydney. They're hearing about this again next week.
Edited by Stamps1962 - 08/23/2019 7:41 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2486 Posts
Posted 08/24/2019   05:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear about your issues. I have not had any issues with my card issuers.

I received a letter last week about my subscription ending so went online to subscribe again. This time I went fully digital.

PS. It took over 12.14 seconds to lick this atamp (time to post).
Al
Edited by angore - 08/24/2019 05:51 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
538 Posts
Posted 08/24/2019   12:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamps1962: This sounds like some sort of a scam. I would call the 800 Customer Service # & ask some leading questions such as I think I have an issue with a fraudulent charge could you check & see if the account is in order. They will ask some specific security questions to make sure you are who you are & then proceed to discuss you account. Unless you are making an excessive purchase amount, transactions usually go through. If a transaction is held by the carrier at the POS, you are requested to call the carrier for verification by the clerk. I've never had a carrier call me for a possible bad transaction. In fact if you find a bad transaction on your account statement you call Customer Service to file a claim, followed up in writing to have the transaction removed. (or maybe I'm not understanding the issues??). People calling about accounts, bank, credit, etc. usually do not have your best interest in mind.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1796 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   12:00 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I started out by calling the # on the back of my card. This wasn't a scam. the company is Capital One and this is apparently their new reality. I switched to them a couple years back mainly due to their being easy to contact and work with. Not anymore. Call them and you talk to someone in Asia with limited English skills. The people I was dealing with on this call couldn't seem to follow the problem and just tried to take the easy way out by cancelling my card.

They did sound to have had issues with claims before on this 'Subscription core' outfit and I think Amos needs to be made aware of it. Not that it'll matter, I wound up getting a snippy reply from someone there when this first began.

Life goes on..
Pillar Of The Community
United States
538 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   7:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I hate remote customer service desks. They do not have a clue. Hope you get it resolved.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05