Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Newfoundland - Scott 249 And 270- Need More Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6258 Posts
Posted 06/22/2019   12:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Guys

Take a look at this blocks with (MAYBE) possible varieties...

Any help appreciated.

Robert

Possible scratch on position 1.

This one I call "Broken F"...Need more like this stamp...Position 2 to position 92

Send note to Staff
Edited by wert - 06/22/2019 12:41 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6312 Posts
Posted 06/22/2019   1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, your first stamp looks like it might be an engravers slip to me. The second one may be nothing more then a piece of dirt was on the plate ?

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6258 Posts
Posted 06/22/2019   6:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
True Peter, unless the markings appear on others stamps...Just putting it out there...

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
United States
578 Posts
Posted 06/22/2019   7:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert

Take a look at these two. Lack of adequate ink perhaps?

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6258 Posts
Posted 06/22/2019   8:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ya gettinold...You are probably correct.

Robert
Valued Member
148 Posts
Posted 06/24/2019   09:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Nr.270

wert, your block shows position 31-32/41-42. Position 32 has this feature.

Here a position 32 from my database.

gettinold, your last image looks like pretty much as position 93.

Since my sheet were splitted in two, I had the wrong information from where I bought these many years ago.

Two types of sheet exist:

Four corners with plate numbers
Four corners blank

Salutations

hornet

http://goscf.com/t/66529&whichpage=....270%2Csheet

Pillar Of The Community
United States
578 Posts
Posted 06/24/2019   10:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hornet785

Thank you. Hoping to find the fin in the water someday.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
617 Posts
Posted 06/28/2019   11:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tommy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Wert--are you officially a "Newfie" only poster now?

I think the latter one is the more interesting potentially newsworthy one (and I'll check my stock)...but what do I know? As the great John Walsh tells me - I'm just a beginner neophyte with lots to learn !
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6258 Posts
Posted 06/28/2019   11:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tommy...Good to hear from you.

Quote:
Thanks Wert--are you officially a "Newfie" only poster now?
..I am Acadian.

Robert
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05