Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Czechoslovakia 47e OR 47 Trimmed Perfs?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
385 Posts
Posted 06/23/2019   12:52 pm  Show Profile Check wheelman's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add wheelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received this is a recent WW kilo glassine acquisition from a, I presume,dealer that long ago out of business, as the last pricing was from 1999. So far in about 2000 glassines I have found only two errors and those were of Scott numbers that were off by one number.
I was ready to write this off as the third error of a trimmed to look like an imperf. Then I tried to position the imperf on top of a perf version and could not position it in such a way that it looks like it could have had all four sides trimmed without seeing some evidence of perf remainders especially on the upper left corner of the stamp. There is also some very slight color showing on the upper left that may be from the bottom of the stamp above. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.
Paul
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6369 Posts
Posted 06/23/2019   1:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Paul. Could you post a blow-up of the upper left corner ?

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
385 Posts
Posted 06/23/2019   2:52 pm  Show Profile Check wheelman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add wheelman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good idea Peter. Looks like a discoloration but does not appear to be the same color as the stamp. Due to the angle of the cut, of the two left most marks the left one would be deeper than the one to it's right if it were a perf remainder?? I am at the limit of my scan capabilities but the right one is discoloration and straight across cut, not a hole. Thanks for your help.
Edited by wheelman - 06/23/2019 3:06 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2125 Posts
Posted 06/23/2019   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
Posted 06/23/2019   4:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The upper left appears to show remnants of two or three perfs.

Perf12 provided a link to an article about this issue. The article references the American Philatelist which published a two-part article in March 1939 and April 1939. Here is an excerpt from the April issue:

(Type V is the same as the Type E mentioned in perf12's article).

The APS article also notes that it is believed that only 5,000-7,000 imperforate 30-haleru stamps were originally produced.

And no doubt there is a lot of new research that has occurred in the last 80 years.

I would probably get this stamp expertized.
Edited by Germania - 06/23/2019 4:04 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05