Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What's Your Guilty Pleasure, Philatelically Speaking?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
86 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   08:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paulyann to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Covers from my hometown: Chelsea, MA. Particularly from the Soldiers Home which is up the street from my house
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1591 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   11:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shermae, ecmorgan,

I earned my Eagle in 1962. Plus two Palms later on. My certificate was signed by JFK. Interestingly, I never did earn the stsmp collecting merit badge!

Jack Kelley
Valued Member
United States
313 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   11:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ecmorgan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jack,

That is awesome. Oddly, I didn't earn the stamp collecting badge either, though I've taught it a couple times over the years!
Member American Philatelic Society & American Topical Association
Pillar Of The Community
United States
686 Posts
Posted 07/13/2019   01:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Stamp Collecting merit badge was the very first one I earned. I had already fulfilled most of the requirements even before I became a Boy Scout. (I got my Eagle in 1984.)

There was a very interesting youth exhibit at WESTPEX several years ago, chronicling the history of the Stamp Collecting merit badge. Long story short: the requirements have gotten easier and easier over the years.
Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
Posted 07/13/2019   04:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Louise411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well all this is good stuff and I will follow this thread. One of my guilty pleasures is saving really damaged stamps for a collage picture.

Well having thought about it, I am drawn to pictures that remind me of my dear Mother and two -of triplets-little friends of mine- sisters who passed on long ago. Their is a certain mother and child stamp that comforts me. I like the Helen Keller stamp. And others. I keep these separate.
Strangely, I also like the mosquito stamps about stamping out malaria and the stamps about eradicating polio. Also Franklin Delano Roosevelt stamps. And on and on. I want to make my own thematic collections and also follow a more traditional arraignment in other books.
I like wild animal stamps. And I found a Pinocchio engraved drawing stamp that I love. And on and on... oh well.

Edited by Louise411 - 07/13/2019 04:44 am
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   4:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MarginBlocks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say my whole collection, to be honest.
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mine would have to be plate number coil (PNC) stamps, especially the Flag Over Porch (FOP) issue. I have 6 binders devoted to my regular U.S. collection, but 14 for plate number coils. I plan to add 6 more binders for PNCs this year.
Valued Member
54 Posts
Posted 07/23/2019   11:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add profgreeley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So fun to see what everyone's guilty pleasures are...

Given that I collect primarily stamps with art historical subjects, and that I much prefer engraved stamps to any other, my guilty pleasures are the newer ones with cheap repros of paintings by old masters with kitchy modern designs, issued from about 1975-1990. They're admittedly tacky, but I find them sort of delightful.
Valued Member
187 Posts
Posted 07/23/2019   8:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JR1960 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Space stamps, and used sheets/large blocks. Something about a large group of stamps having been used and survived the journey in one piece intrigues me.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1295 Posts
Posted 07/28/2019   3:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05