Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott International Album - Buyer's Remorse?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1797 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   7:57 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1840: What edition is the Big Blue checklist based on? Sounds I may not be able to use it as a checklist for filling this album. Yes it does have spaces for revenues and also cut squares.

This album has the coat of arms ornate headings for many countries. Also there are several pages of adverts at the end for Scott products circa mid fifties. Several countries begin on the left hand page so collating later sets of pages with these may be difficult. I think I will just keep the volume one separate and collate any subsequent page sets.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Stamps1962 - 07/05/2019 8:03 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
983 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   11:02 pm  Show Profile Check ray.mac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ray.mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can definitely use the Big Blue checklist with your '55, but you'll have to make some adjustments. I've used it for my '47, and the '47 I started with isn't in as good of shape probably as your '55. I've bought about 10 of them since, and there is one I hesitate to sell because the pages are soooooo good, I may eventually move it over, but I'm over 20,000 now (just 2 1/2 years worth, btw), and it would take forever to move it.

You'll undoubtedly have some countries that aren't in the later editions that Jim Jackson's BB checklist is based on....his is maybe the '69 edition? His checklist has all of the countries missing from the later editions, and in a lot of places he mentions that something is in the '43/'47 editions and adds those to his country description.

Enjoy--I'm sure you will! And when you do sell, you might plug Jim's BB blog at the end of your descriptions (I do)....good luck! Ray
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1797 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   1:14 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Update. I had thought I'd try to get volumes two and three to extend coverage into the 50's.Then I wanted pages to the mid 60's when I first entered the hobby. As of now I have pages through part 6, to 1968. I've been bidding and picking off nice used and some unused pages/binders on eBay. I've been surprised to have run into very little competition on these. I am putting the albums after volume one aside until I have time to collate and work on them this Winter.

This is an addiction. Any suggestion on how to hide 6-7 additional albums from my wife?
Edited by Stamps1962 - 08/25/2019 1:15 pm
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paulsonja to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just got my volume 1 a few weeks ago too and I love it. I got mine on eBay as well for just over $100, no stamps never used from a collector who never got around to using it. I too thought, "what about volume 2" and found volume 2 for $50 on IHobb, also previously used with a couple hundred stamps. Now I'm looking around for volumes 3-6 and thinking about buying more binders . . . (addiction)

I'm using the checklist and I took the advice given various places to spend $20 and have it professionally printed and bound into a nice booklet. Cost about $20 shipped and worth every penny.

I personally don't hide anything from my spouse, but he's a collector too . . .

Jackie
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1630 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   6:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to do, Stamps. You're just going to have to take your lumps. I'm sure she'll forgive you. Anyway its nice to see you so happy.

Jack Kelley
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05