Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Getting Ticked Off About Claims Of Not Received On E-bay Sales .

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3477 Posts
Posted 11/20/2019   11:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since eBay does not allow you to exclude low feedback customers, if you are consistently sustaining losses from them ...then why not just stop shipping to them. Experience would tell you what your "cutoff" number is. When they demand a refund...no problem. After the transaction, they can be blocked.

It is true that you might get some negative feedback doing this, but you wouldn't lose your money and stamps.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
661 Posts
Posted 11/20/2019   12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Try shipping from Canada where tracking starts at $15 and goes up from there.

I just had an INR for $100.00 US after accepting an offer from the buyer in the US.

Just shy of 2 months after the sale because eBay allowed 2 to 32 days for delivery which is absurd..

Feedback over 2000.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3670 Posts
Posted 11/20/2019   4:59 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Try shipping from Canada where tracking starts at $15 and goes up from there.

Have been looking at Auspost new parcel mail costs discounts on small box, medium box, large box, extra large box. All boxes can have up to 5kg in them for set price.

The extra large box could be used to mail 5kg kiloware to Tasmania for $18.20 instead of near $40.

Signature on delivery cost in Australia $2.95 and $4.95 outside Australia. The cheapest way to get that proof of delivery. This was Auspost 1st discount for parcels.

But sadly it is one more step to a stampless mailing system.
Valued Member
359 Posts
Posted 11/21/2019   12:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately the tracking provides limited insurance anyway. You end up paying more for the tracking and then the buyer simply changes it from "not received" to "not as described". Even if they mail it back, even with tracking (usually at your expense again), the envelope is empty and the buyer has a delivery receipt.

You lose:
1. The item
2. The shipping and tracking
3. Possibly the return shipping
4. Oh and maybe even negative feedback still!

Cool.

I still use eBay to unload my excess stuff but I assume a loss of some stuff. It's sure annoying, though. One time, I sold some higher end Russian stamps to a huge buyer. He claimed not as described. Same situation above. Low and behold, he listed them on another account months later with the identification I used. Thankfully I'm horrifically vengeful and kept a vigilant eye plus took significant time to track his purchases and resells and got eBay involved. Even still, they never did ban him - only took away the negative feedback HE left me. It's sad they don't protect sellers, especially ones with remarkable selling records. What is the point of the feedback system then??

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3670 Posts
Posted 11/21/2019   12:48 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You sure do have to get your pricing right.

Valued Member
Australia
12 Posts
Posted 01/10/2020   07:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gumtree55 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am enjoying this thread.
I thought I would add a few comment from my experience as a seller on eBay Australia.
1. Regarding non-receipt claims I have had my share of these and only a handful were scammers.
Several customers who were refunded got back to me later to let me know the items had arrived though late and everything resolved - expect the worst and hope for the best.
2. Every customer is advised that Registered Post is available though only about 1% actually choose this due to cost. One thing Australia Post does offer for standard postage is an adhesive Customs form when is scanned at the Post Office which serves as proof of lodgement. I have found that claims of missing shipment have reduced since using this method. It is not a tracking number but occasionally it can me traced depending on whether the item was scanned later. A scammer in Indonesia was busted by PayPal for trying to scam me twice.
3. I also scan every item nd completed envelope that leaves my house and these images are provided to the customer so there are no questions later. This takes about an extra 15 minutes per order but it is worth it for peace of mind.
4, Regarding low value stamps. I do offer single low value stamps as well as complete sets. To encourage larger orders I offer free standard shipping with the purchase of ten or more items. Many of my regulars have taken this up though there are a few who seem to enjoy buying just one stamp at a time - definitely a losing proposition but fortunately these are the minority.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05