Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Buyer Jumps The Gun On Invoice And Then Complains I Don't Offer Combined Postage

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1295 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   4:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's also possible to block the results of certain sellers in searches. Especially useful if you save searches and receive daily email updates. The sellers you don't want to see are automatically excluded.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   4:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Louise411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello;
I got a little off the main topic. It takes some time to understand all the ins and outs of e-bay and I think that is the reason for miss-understandings. Some sellers say, take your time take two weeks if you want to choosing stamps and then let me know and I will send you an invoice with combine done. I like this a lot.
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Louise411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow,
Thank you Shermae that is one more thing that I didn't know about e-bay. I will find out about that. Thanks again.
Valued Member
Learn More...
81 Posts
Posted 07/14/2019   9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just giving you the input of a relatively new-ish eBay buyer of stamps here, but I've done the same as your buyer/complainant. That said, I usually send a message to the seller stating (to parphrase) "Hi, realized I bought several stamps from you in the past hour under separate orders, would you be so kind as to combine shipping?"

Is that bad "etiquette" so to speak?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1222 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   12:02 am  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As a footnote to the above discussion, it should be noted that eBay often fails to combine shipping correctly according to rules entered into the eBay web site by the seller. It is even worse with third-party applications that depend on the eBay API. When orders are combined through eBay or third-party applications before payment, postage discounts are generally calculated correctly. Problems occur when buyers pay for items separately or don't wait for an invoice. For that, and other reasons, free shipping is offered for most items in my eBay store. Unfortunately, expensive items require immediate payment because one notorious UK seller creating bogus offshore accounts to buy and not pay for higher priced stamps. It is possible to combine separately-paid orders in third-party applications like SixBit, but it may not be possible on eBay unless the buyer paid using the shopoing cart feature.
Edited by cfrphoto - 07/15/2019 12:09 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1585 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   09:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Steveh,

I've done that in the past but now I've learned how it works. I'm sure that is the case with your buyer.

Jack Kelley
Valued Member
187 Posts
Posted 07/20/2019   5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JR1960 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will just add to this that I have recently got back onto eBay and find the new interface/checkout/invoicing process to be confusing and not as intuitive as it was before. I have purchased a few things in the last week and still don't quite have it figured out. I bought something but accidentally paid for it and couldn't figure out what I had done as I wanted to still buy other items from the seller.

That said, why assume the guy would give you neg feedback just because the system didn't automatically give combined postage? Quite possible he thought the lack of combining postage was intentional, not that the invoicing system doesn't know he bought two items.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05