Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sheets Slightly Wrinkled In Transit

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

113 Posts
Posted 07/11/2019   11:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Torin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I ordered two sheet of stamps and the seller packed them in an already used 10"x13" envelope with only one thin piece of cardboard instead of two (and placing the sheets in between them). Consequently, the envelope arrived looking very worn and the sheets sustained some small wrinkles that weren't present in the photos in the listing.

Would the appropriate course of action be to leave neutral feedback for this seller?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4321 Posts
Posted 07/11/2019   12:03 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No. Contact him/her first.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
113 Posts
Posted 07/11/2019   12:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Torin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
GeoffHa: Why do you suggesting contacting the seller first?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6497 Posts
Posted 07/11/2019   1:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very good advise. With a bit of luck he might offer money back or even replace them.

Peter

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4321 Posts
Posted 07/11/2019   1:46 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We all make mistakes. If the seller relies on eBay for an income, casually given neutral or negative feedback could materially damage him/her whilst doing nothing for you.
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2211 Posts
Posted 07/11/2019   2:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Year ago I sold some Japanese stamps in Mini sheet form.The buyer opened a claim immeadiatly upon recieving them.I asked why?Then he sent a message saying there were some creases in the sheet.I did not want to bother,so I sent him a refund and said keep them.I said you can use them if you ever go too Japan.He gave me a postive evaluation
Pillar Of The Community
United States
559 Posts
Posted 07/11/2019   3:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jarnick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly contact the seller and give him a chance to replace the sheets or offer a refund before leaving neutral or negative feedback. Also, if this was an eBay purchase, you have a right to return the sheets for a refund.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
512 Posts
Posted 07/11/2019   6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, I would contact the seller first and explain what happened.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
116 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   3:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bud to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've bought hundreds, perhaps thousands, of US issues on eBay. The few times I've had problems (maybe three or four?), I have raised my concerns directly with the sellers. Without exception, each one responded quickly and fairly, and as a result I've always left positive feedback. My eBay purchases have not involved higher-priced or scarcer stamps, however, since I think it is too risky to make such purchases on a platform such as eBay.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
269 Posts
Posted 07/14/2019   02:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eBay gives as its official advice that you should contact a seller to try to resolve an issue before leaving -ve feedback.

As a buyer, I have mostly had positive results from this. Sometimes sellers give a full refund, tell you to keep the damaged article and just write it off.
Occasionally, sellers have outright refused a refund of any sort -- but these have been scammers. A few quick photos of the offending issues and an official complaint to eBay has resulted in a quick refund. In another case the seller continued to refuse the refund, but eBay adjudicated in my favor as the item was a clear forgery.
It doesnt matter a damn if the seller says "No returns" or anything like that.

These days I do much more selling than buying on eBay. As a seller, I really appreciate buyers getting back to me with any issue -- the last thing I want to get is -ve feedback as I'm sure my net financial loss from reduced sales is much greater than any refund I would have to give. Even when I think its an item where the buyer really doesnt have cause for complaint, I'm still happy to give a refund. (eg a guy who bought an old album with a world collection, then complained it had no GB stamps -- basically I guess he was thinking it would be better than what he saw in the 12 images posted, and was then disappointed when his fantasy failed to materialize)

For me absolutely the worst thing is people who leave bad feedback even after a refund. But, hey, its eBay.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05