Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

In Memoriam - Beesee

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

251 Posts
Posted 07/11/2019   2:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add archerg to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
With sadness, I learned yesterday that a regular visitor to this forum, Brian Cannon (handle BeeSee), passed away in May. I will miss his contributions to Small Queens research here, and the occasional off-line discussions we had.

I hope it is appropriate here for me to post this sad news and a link that has more information.

https://vancouversunandprovince.rem...n-1074929556
Send note to Staff
Edited by archerg - 07/11/2019 2:25 pm

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6258 Posts
Posted 07/11/2019   2:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh God no...So sad...All my best to his family.

Robert
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
6785 Posts
Posted 07/11/2019   2:44 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Although I never met Brian in person, he and I formed an online friendship. He was a great fellow and contributed much to both this community and Stamp Smarter. I will miss him. Deepest condolences to his family and friends.
Don
Valued Member
United States
450 Posts
Posted 07/11/2019   6:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice of you to honor him with the kind post.
Valued Member
Canada
121 Posts
Posted 07/11/2019   7:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sylvain.m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I made some trading with him. A fine gentleman. I'll never forget him. Now he is with all our predecessing collectors up there.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6366 Posts
Posted 07/11/2019   10:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We were in touch several years ago. So sad...I feel for his family.
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
1212 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   02:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperix to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very sad, most of what I know about the Canadian perforation (gauge) is what I learned from him, he was very kind and helpful.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
26479 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   03:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A great friend, a good pal.
Miss you Brian.
Rodney

Brian in Tuvalu, 2010 the islands he loved so much.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6180 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   07:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sad news indeed. Brian and I had many dealings over the years and he was a great guy.
I will miss him and my condolences go to his family and friends.

RIP.

Londonbus1
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2741 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   09:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add warrehouse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bless BeeSee! :(
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1269 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   09:31 am  Show Profile Check CanadaStamp's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CanadaStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Brian and I had discussions over many years about Canada's Presenting Cards - which he (like me) was enamoured with. Wrote to him June 5 in fact and wondered why I didn't get a reply. Now I know. :(
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
1436 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   10:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jkjblue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sad news indeed.

We had some email exchanges over the years about stamp topics. He was a good guy.
Classical era collecting with the Blues
http://bigblue1840-1940.blogspot.com/
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4698 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   9:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very sad to hear this.
I knew him here on SCF as forum member BeeSee and
had fun posting back and forth with him on threads like
Canadian Hidden Dates & Designer's Initials
http://goscf.com/t/10808&whichpage=...adian,stamps

He will be missed.
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
Posted 07/13/2019   12:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Louise411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Life is a flame in the wind, it may catch and soar but ultimately it must end.
This site is a collection of knowledge to learn from. Stamps of course and history also. And, I think that though I did not know him the finest tribute to such a man will be to read his posts and learn from them.
May God bless Brian.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6704 Posts
Posted 07/13/2019   03:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is very sad news. An all-around great guy, and as Rod noted, he really loved Tuvalu. He joined SCF in the same 1-year time period as I did about 10 years ago.

BeeSee in BC will be sorely missed.
Pillar Of The Community
2975 Posts
Posted 07/13/2019   07:04 am  Show Profile Check jogil's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am sad to hear this. I will miss him. He worked on taking perforation gauge readings of different Canada Small Queen stamp blocks. He put together the new Canada specialized stamp perforation gauge. Thank you BeeSee for this and much more.
Edited by jogil - 07/13/2019 07:24 am
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05