Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Banner Colors - Orange, Brown OR Bright Orange

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add swyoda52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Need help in identifying the banner color - brown, orange or bright orange. Thanks
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
768 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   1:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob041256 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's orange.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
United States
3 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   1:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add swyoda52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Are all three considered as orange?
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
26479 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   4:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tip: Try to offer a more descriptive thread heading, to help us to help you.

Example : "Australia 1994 Kangaroo Banner Colours"

Your first and third stamps are Banner Orange, Note "KANGAROO" is 9mm long, and date 1˝mm long (see Sc#1279a)

Your centre stamp is Brown banner "KANGAROO" is 8mm long
(see Sc#1279d)

You may also get confused with Litho and Typo in the "threatened species" series....here is an assistance ID.

United States
3 Posts
Posted 07/12/2019   4:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add swyoda52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the tip and the information about the color and print method. Does anyone have an example scan of the Bright Orange colored banner so I can try to use it to compare my stamps?
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
26479 Posts
Posted 07/13/2019   8:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
so I can try to use it to compare my stamps?

You are left to your own devices.
I'd suggest you collect all items together, and compare yourself.

As far as I know, only Scott differentiates the colours, I do not have Brusden white for this year.
NOTE: Scott refers to the colour of "AUSTRALIA" and the value figure, (Not the bottom panel) although this may give you an better appraisal.

Below is the Korea sheet, and a "block"
In the third scan I have placed the block alongside the souv sheet, for comparison.

Bright Orange only exists on 1274B, 1275B,1276C, 1277B, 1278B and 1279E

I'd suggest my block is "bright orange"

I am unsure if these are "Koala and Kangaroo Reprints" I don't think so.

Edited by rod222 - 07/13/2019 8:05 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05