Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Me Your Airmail Covers, Envelope Designs

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 259 / Views: 19,022Next Topic
Page: of 18
Pillar Of The Community
United States
990 Posts
Posted 12/14/2020   12:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DonSellos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A first-day cover of Sc. 797, the Society of Philatelic Americans souvenir sheet, issued for the society's 43rd convention at Ashville, NC. I have collected this cover for its custom printed airmail border. The cover is addressed to Frank Herget, a longtime stamp dealer of the 1930s and 1940s.

DonSellos
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
990 Posts
Posted 08/08/2021   10:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DonSellos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm finding an occasional new airmail border design for my Variant Airmail Borders collection. The two below are recent acquisitions.

The first looks like it carried an advisory list of municipal bond offerings giving the cover some time value for delivery. It is franked with a 12 cents Prexie, probably because of its mailing weight. I'll put this one in my Lines & Bars category.

The second with its small, vertical border of red and blue squares and circles is headed for my Shapes category.

Don

Valued Member
213 Posts
Posted 08/08/2021   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While showing nothing special on the borders (I did go through all 18 pages)

I do like that they are Air mail Permit Meter postage.The one using an A.C. Roessler border sent from the Eastman Kodak Company.

Both sent to H.G.Kingdom in Conneaut, Ohio.(Best I can find out, he was a lawyer)
They both had ad inserts dealing with lawyer stuff.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
990 Posts
Posted 09/14/2021   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DonSellos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't remember this design being posted before, if so, my apologies. It is an unusual cover not only for the red & blue OK air mail designater, but also in that it has a statement on the reverse identifying its origin and makes an appeal for requests to produce similar envelopes of custom design. The designer appears to be the addressee, T. P. Martin, and I like his copyrighted slogan "Make Your Letters Fly."

DonSellos

Page: of 18 Previous TopicReplies: 259 / Views: 19,022Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05