Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

USA Stamp Can Someone Please Give Me Any Advice Even A Little

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
4 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Stampcoll to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So hello stamp community I wish you have a great time

I need help with this stamp in particular since I see a value like this and it says 1 copy
I need to make sure if thats the real one or even the real values of it but I don know how to.
Can anyone please help me with this or point me to any direction that I can make use of it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all that even opened out of curiosity :)

Send note to Staff

Learn More...
7396 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   2:24 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a link which might help you
http://stampsmarter.com/1847usa/187...tml#Scott153

Note: You do not have the rare 'Special Printing' stamp shown. Always start with the assumption that you have the most common variety. Once you had identified your stamp as a #153, you can then go look on eBay (filter only for 'sold' items since people can ask any crazy price they want.)

For example
https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Postage...264392922764
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
162 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As 51studebaker correctly pointed out, you have a US 153, and the listing he put is probably a pretty fair price for what that stamp would fetch on eBay. $15-25 is what I would expect this to go for. Not a lot, but much more than most stamps posted in this forum. A lot of collectors do not like the straight edges; so maybe towards the lower end of that spectrum.
4 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   7:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampcoll to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@51studbaker And @Andyrich74 Thank you for the link , sources and the guide .

I really need the guideance to identify my stamps. Thanks again for the reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
685 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   10:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Slightly off topic but was wondering if there was a method of determining whether or not one of this issue was on double paper. Two examples below. The stamp marked 153 is on paper that feels thinner than the unmarked version. While I understand some degree of paper thickness is normal I am unclear as to what might qualify as double paper. Are there any tell tale signs?

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3284 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   10:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The stamp on the right (unmarked stamp) looks to be regummed, which probably changed the thickness, or at least feel of thickness. Not very pretty from the back ...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
685 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   11:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Partime

Thank you. I noticed the perf tips and thought the same. Currently there is no gum on it. Is there a way to recognize double paper other than by touch?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05