Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Scott 63 Used For Revenue

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
229 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   2:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rwoodennickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr-Fancy-C...ig_cvip=true

Not sure why this went so high. It was my understanding that the postage was used to mail the document. Does this really have a 767$ value, or is it two people in a bidding war?
Send note to Staff
Thanks,
Robert
Edited by rwoodennickel - 07/15/2019 3:03 pm

Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   9:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Louise411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

https://books.google.com/books?id=D...tine&f=false

I searched Google with, John P. Gladding of Constantine and got this which is interesting about the area. However I cannot answer your specific question.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6023 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   9:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely NOT a revenue use; there was no one cent rate. This was a drop letter. I happen to know the seller and this was an honest mistake. It's nice, but I don't know why anyone would go this crazy for it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4531 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   10:37 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That realized price is insane. There must be something unique about the letter itself or the scarcity of a White Pigeon, MI usage. Either that or someone thinking it was a real revenue usage, but even then it's at most a $250 item depending on date and rate, with the majority falling in the $100-200 range.

You will frequently see postage stamps affixed to insurance policies claimed to be revenue usages but they are not. Instead, like this document, it was for the postage to send the document through the mail.

Insurance policies with both revenue stamps and postage stamps affixed are in-demand collectibles, usually ranging from $50 to $200 depending on the venue/dealer.

Where are these buyers when I sell things?...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1622 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   10:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe someone is betting the stamp will be a Z grill.
Edited by txstamp - 07/16/2019 10:42 am
Valued Member
United States
229 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   10:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rwoodennickel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comments folks. I get better each day with the revenues, stamps and tax structures. Always enjoy the great posts here.
Thanks,
Robert
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcanman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not a drop. Printed matter rate.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6023 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   8:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is no address, so I assumed that it was left at the PO of the addressee. Wouldn't a printed matter rate have to be addressed?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05