Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Antigua Scott 23 With Partial Margin Watermark

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1221 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   6:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Trainwreck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is Antigua 1903 2p Seal of the Colony (Scott 23) with Crown and CC watermark and a partial margin watermark. You can see a vertical line on the right, and a partial circle along the lower right edge.

Based upon the image shown in this thread, http://goscf.com/t/68695, I suspect I'm seeing the bottom part of the "C" in CROWN of the margin watermark. (Edit: It could be the top part of the "C" too, depending on the direction of CROWN.)

If I'm off the mark, please let me know.

Robert
Send note to Staff
Edited by Trainwreck - 07/15/2019 6:39 pm

Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   09:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure what you mean by "the bottom part of the "C" in CROWN of the margin watermark". I see the typical watermark in the upper third of the stamp. But where do you see the part you mentioned? I put a scan of the watermark below for comparison.

Also, is the line on the right part of your watermark? That seems unusual.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn more about King George VI stamps at www.KGVIStamps.com
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1221 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   09:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The vertical line and the partial circle along the lower right edge of the stamp are parts of what I believe is a margin watermark.

Here's an example of what I think I'm seeing:

See the vertical line in the margin and the "C" of CROWN?

Robert
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
Posted 07/17/2019   08:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I finally saw the circle. Sorry, I didn't get it earlier. It is interesting, and you could be right.
I looked thru my literature and couldn't find the layout of the Crown CC watermarked sheet so I don't have a reference that verifies your idea. Maybe someone else will come up with one.
Learn more about King George VI stamps at www.KGVIStamps.com
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05