Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott 604 Vs Scott 604A

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 388Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
7066 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   10:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was at the club a couple of weeks ago and one of the collectors had a block of 10 Scott 604's but was trying to sell them to other collectors as Scott 604a coil stamps and said they were worth $200.00 to $275.00 a pair.

Had to inform him he was not in possession of Scott 604a imperf Queen stamps...To new collectors, be careful..Look at the stamps I have below and the left stamp in NOT an imperf stamp, but a regular Scott 604 with scoreline...Right stamp is a true Scott 604a coil imperf stamp.

Robert

Regular Scott 604 with guideline.

Send note to Staff
Edited by wert - 07/16/2019 07:38 am

Pillar Of The Community
United States
780 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   11:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wert

Thank you for the heads up. One never knows when a detail like this will come in handy.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
925 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, you are showing a 604vi. The first one has the scoreline, the second pair does not.

The first image is an imperf coil pair 604a.
The second image is a 604a imperf coil pair + a standard pair
The third image is 604vi, a block of imperf horizontial coil pairs, without scoreline.
Photos are not mine and used for illustration only.

Edited by No1philatelist - 07/15/2019 11:58 pm
Pillar Of The Community
7066 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   07:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No1philatelist..You are correct, it is a Scott 604vi and not a 604a...I am always in too much of a hurry no matter what I do, but you get the drift.

Robert
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 388Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05