Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

German Stamps - Thuringan, Prussia, Baden, Saar And Others.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
12 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   08:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bacjdl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I've inherited some German stamps which include some from Thuringan, Prussia, Baden, Wurttemberg, Saar and Bavaria. There are also some pen cancelled stamps from 1875 and 1876. Could these be worth anything?
My father was a great stamp collector and has numerous albums but it is difficult to know where the best place is to have them valued.
I would be grateful for any help.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6382 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   09:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome. If you could show some pictures - that might help us help you

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4337 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   09:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BEST PLACE TO VALUE ---Right here ,just put up the pictures .
Valued Member
Australia
12 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   09:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bacjdl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi< I don't think these images are uploading.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4337 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   09:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Revenue stamp will get you a buck or two on eBay .Tell us about the various albums and photo a few pages .
Valued Member
Australia
12 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   09:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bacjdl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, will get back with pics. Having trouble uploading but will get some help with it.
Valued Member
Australia
12 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   6:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bacjdl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Okay, here are four images. Sorry, just experimenting but should be able to upload some more now.
Valued Member
Australia
12 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bacjdl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

These are the sort of stamps in this album. Any help appreciated. Cheers.
Valued Member
Australia
12 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bacjdl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
398 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   9:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add codehappy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
bacjdl: The "Hamburg" stamps in your last picture are German city local stamps, issued by the Haemburger Boten-Institute in 1861 and 1862. They are always found printed in black but exist, according to Michel, on numerous different paper colors. Forgeries and reprints exist, and outnumber the originals.

Yours are listed as #1 (top) and #3 (bottom). They are most likely reprints. Michel catalog value for the reprints are 10 euros for #1, 7.50 euros for #3. Note that these sell in the real world for maybe 25%-50% of the Michel value, at most. Still, they are not very often seen stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4337 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   9:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bacjdl ---Thank you for the scans . Looks like you got some interesting material.

My interest is that page of Heligoland , there are pencil notes on that page which are of great interest to me , It looks like a expert made some notes on that page and some of it says they are from the first printing so that tells me those are not reprints ,would like more info . a better scan would help . Please let me know if your going to list them for sale .
Valued Member
Australia
12 Posts
Posted 07/17/2019   05:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bacjdl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://ibb.co/1Xh48DM. Here is an image of the Heligoland stamps that should provide a higher resolution. I have no idea what they are worth. I am also going to put up some images from an US album from this collection and would love some feedback also.
Edited by bacjdl - 07/17/2019 07:49 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05