Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hungary Cancels Help, Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
226 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add EdziuMM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I collect postally used on which I can ID the place of cancellation. Here are a couple I've not been able to ID & I'd appreciate some help. (The 2 stamps did not appear together; I just scanned them together.)
One place begins with "Heö-..." I haven't found anything in my sources beginning like that.
The other one is "...ozsony-Hidaszna..." Well, I can figure out that the start is "Pozsony" (now Bratislava, Slovakia), but what is the "Hidaszna..."?
Thanks, in advance, to anyone who can help me.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1319 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   10:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
226 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   11:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting... maybe this has something to do with a bridge? Google translates "Hidasz napok" as "pontooner days." Maybe a postal station by a bridge? Am I going wrong?
Pillar Of The Community
2125 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pozsony-Hidasznap: more likely a railway cancel with the two terminal towns in the cancel.
Valued Member
United States
226 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   12:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A railway cancel had occurred to me, but so far I haven't been able to find anyplace that is-or-used-to-be Hidasznap.
Other things that have occurred to me are, maybe, a neighborhood in the then-Pozsony or a street-name.
Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   1:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Austria-Hungary World War 1 Field Post Office?

Dale
Pillar Of The Community
France
576 Posts
Posted 07/17/2019   08:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've tried another online translator.

"POZSONY HÍDÁSZNAP alkalmi bélyegzés képeslapon" (comment to Darabanth's postcard) gives :
"Bratislava Bridge Day casual mark on postcard"
Valued Member
United States
226 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   09:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!

So, rather than a locating a particular postal station, it would seem to be marking an event.
Valued Member
United States
35 Posts
Posted 08/08/2019   9:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tohill2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm using this thread to help with a project I'm working on. It concerns Hungary postmarked stamps on parcel post forms. I got a big bag of what is essentially the torn off right hand side of the form. Regular postage and air mail stamps are applied in this part of the form. I got over 400 postmarks and am delighted with the project.

My goal is to make a presentation to our local (Charlotte, NC) stamp club, and one thing I really need is a copy of the parcel post form -- both front and back -- that was in use between 1978 and 1984. A copy of an unused form would be ideal, but a legible used one would be OK. Perhaps I've overlooked it, but my Net searches haven't turned up anything.

Any help with a copy of the form would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you are familiar with the Hungary parcel post system during that time, please let me know, because I've got some questions you might be able to help with.

An example of what I'm working with is attached.

TIA, Tony
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05