Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Us Stamp 220B? Need Information

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

7 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   3:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Bpbradf to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Knock yourselves out. I have limited information on this stamp and was trying to assess a value. I want to get it certified obviously its not worth much without it. Do you guys think it is genuine? I just want as much information as possible.

Send note to Staff

Learn More...
7419 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   3:32 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Someone played with this stamp, left cap appears to have been filled in with a pen. (Good job with posting images, thank you.) My opinion is that this is an altered 220c.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3740 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   3:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not aware that there is a 220b. If you mean the "caps" stamps the value for those used is not really worth the cert cost in xf and this stamp is in very rough shape. As Don stated it appears to have been played with in any case.
Learn More...
7419 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   4:25 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3740 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   4:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nuff said.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1927 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   4:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
#220b was "cap only on right '2'", delisted long, long ago.

The 2014 USSS research paper #22 investigated this variety and agreed it was due to an inking flaw and not a relief flaw.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
692 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   7:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Seller withdrew the listing.
Valued Member
7 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   7:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bpbradf to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I messaged the seller with the info and he took it down because he knew that $50k was way to much. he told me he just wanted information on the piece,so I posted the pics here
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3740 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   8:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure he did.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6574 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I wonder how he messaged the seller ?

Peter
Learn More...
7419 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   8:50 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In the original post ..

Quote:
...I want to get it certified obviously its not worth much without it...

Don
Valued Member
7 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bpbradf to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow you guys are pretty harsh on this site. I messaged the seller through eBay (duh) and created this account to get him information on it (hence why I said "I" wanted to get it certified because that is what he had in the description). He told me he was going to take it down because obviously altered and faulty it ain't worth squat. Makes me already want to delete this account and forget this site within 3 hours.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3800 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   9:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by redwoodrandy - 07/18/2019 10:41 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3290 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   9:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There's a bad history on this site about 220b certification. You should do a search,.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3740 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   10:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If it was not altered and faulty it is still worth "squat". On what planet does somebody not know what something is but calls it by a catalog number and decides on a $50,000 price tag. Then somebody stumbles upon it and asks something about something and the seller decides that he needs the messagers help to find out what the $50,000 thing is. Give me a break.
Valued Member
67 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   10:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jcstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Its like one of those guys selling 552 or 632 as a uncertified 594 or 596 on eBay rofl
Edited by Jcstamp - 07/18/2019 11:09 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05