Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Streetcar Marking Cincinnati

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
162 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   3:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bobone to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was wondering if this is a common RPO I saw somewhere once that this was a rare cancel. I think I'm wrong.. right?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
2125 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   4:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, a scarce machine cancel, unfortunately the cover is a bit ratty.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   4:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks John, This came from a box of envelopes & cards from Louis Oder who was a dealer in live stock.. Looks like they were stored in the barn.. Still a nice strike.. Got to find the box and go through them again...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
564 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   10:32 pm  Show Profile Check paperhistory's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paperhistory to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
More than scarce. That's a major league streetcar rarity.
4 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   11:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Heimdalkid to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Serious bummer about the condition, but yes, that is a highly sought after marking by both street car rpo collectors, and flag cancel collectors alike.
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
Posted 07/20/2019   5:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone, Still has to be worth something even if it's a dirty cover. I'll soon find out...
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
Posted 07/20/2019   5:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't find another Walnut Hills & Brighton just a couple of Brighton Sta. What about these ? Thanks

Pillar Of The Community
United States
564 Posts
Posted 07/20/2019   11:23 pm  Show Profile Check paperhistory's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paperhistory to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Brighton station is no big deal - couple bucks. Not a RR or streetcar marking.
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
Posted 07/21/2019   10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Didn't think so...
4 Posts
Posted 07/23/2019   11:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Heimdalkid to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What happened to the eBay listing of this cover? I can't seem to find it now, even though there was at least 1 bid against it
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   08:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First listing forgot to add Best Offer. Relisted & sold Best Offer..Look at completed auctions.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2350 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   09:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chasa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
sold at 49 $ a very good deal IMHO
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   09:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
49 $$ NOT Click on where it says 1 bid for true selling price.
Pillar Of The Community
2125 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   10:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As paperhistory noted:

Quote:
More than scarce. That's a major league streetcar rarity.

There were no doubt many of us were watching for the auction to appear in order to bid, and sorry the sale was over before I even saw it. Frederick Langford's "Flag Cancel Encyclopedia", 4th edition lists this cancel at $500 as an origin cancel on medium sized envelope. I doubt its condition would have merited that price, but ...

Bobone, Why not a full length auction to let the marketplace determine a value for such a rare item and give everyone a chance at it?
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   12:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John the best offer price was something I never expected.. I shot for the moon and landed.. I don't think I would have gotten that amount anywhere. Next time I will give fair warning.. Sorry
4 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   12:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Heimdalkid to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, too bad. Given the number of serious street car rpo collectors and very advanced flag cancel collectors who lack that item, it would have easily blown past the $500 catalog value (probably multiples) in Langford if had had been allowed to run its course.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.02 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05