Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sharing And Finding Any And All Rarities "Pre 1940 "

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

67 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   02:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Jcstamp to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I decided to make a topic for all to share their rarities and maybe how they came across them or possible finds for insight. Cant wait to see what you have!
So this is another one of my possible finds was listed as Scott 71 and in hopes might be a Scott 110 (ya ya, dont give my hopes up lol). Actually maybe others should and leave all the finds to me. For $10-$15 its like a scrather except I can keep or re sell them lol. Anyways, So most of the 71s that might be close to the brown orange had lighter/not as solid color around the bottom "U" and "S", this stamp has the more solid color around them. This stamp also compares very close in color to the 110 ie brownish orange. The paper looks white, whiter than the census comparisons, dont like saying bright because even most census ones arent "bright", at least for used. The scissor cut couldve been done anytime, though is common for hard white paper. Last but not least the 6 point negative fancy cancel was made in 1877, two years after the 1875 re issues therefore was mailed sometime after 1877 and the 1875 Scott 110 being the last of that 30 cent design I believe. Should there be any markings on the 110 I can look for or is it mainly color and paper? Here is my find, followed by two cencus 110s followed by the fancy cancel date of origination from Stamp Smarter and their Fancy cancel database.

Send note to Staff
Edited by Jcstamp - 07/19/2019 05:09 am

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05