Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Questionable Fake 612

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
38 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   3:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ccrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks,
I have run across 3 stamps on which I would appreciate some input on.

First, let me say that these 3 stamps came from two different albums and the albums had been touched in over 50 years when I acquired them.
Second, I am a novice at this.
Third, I only have a 2016 Scott US Pocket Catalog.

I have a 610 and two either 611 or 612. Possible fakes on all three, I don't know.

First image is the fronts of the 3.
Second is the backs of the 3 in the same order.
Third is the perf gauge under the used stamp.
The fourth is the perf gauge under the new stamp. This is questionable as to whether this is new or not.

Chances are at least 2 of these are fakes from the look of the perfs.

Tell me what you think these are. I know it is hard to tell without seeing them in person. Sterling stamp is not far from me and I will take them in on Monday for his opinion. For all I know, he might be a member here.

Do you think these are fakes from the images?

By the way, these are photos, not a scan. I scan if that works better. Just let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4344 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   3:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You should post this in the U.S section . The responds will be better .Also please use better title descriptions. Nobody and me included knows what a FAKE 612 is ,I got 260 countries that I collect so I don't know what a 612 is .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   3:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
612 is the rotary press perf 10, which you are not showing. All three of these stamps are flat plate. The imperf is 611; the other two are 610. If the damaged stamp is unused you can use it for postage. They are all genuine.
Learn More...
6969 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   3:35 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No need to take them anywhere, Germania has identified your stamps.
You can learn more about your stamps here
http://stampsmarter.com/1847usa/ByYear/1923.html

Don
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ccrider to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05