Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Selling On Ebay Discontinued

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
620 Posts
Posted 07/22/2019   12:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Delcampe has very similar policies to eBay and if you use Paypal, so do they.

They also charge 21˘ to 35˘ per item on every item sold, just as eBay will be on their Managed Payments.

They do have advantages, but if sellers get kicked off eBay for serious problems, they won't last long on Delcampe either unless they change what they are doing.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3613 Posts
Posted 07/22/2019   7:48 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You have got to give it to the eBay customer service people after the abuse from the OP. eBay's rep's stayed cool calm and collected.

I would not have been so kind to the OP with his eBay comments.

Maybe the OP needs to look at the possibility that their illness is having some major side affects.

Can see a lot of other issues in the live chat transcript but it becomes to personal to open it up on a stamp forum.
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
Posted 07/22/2019   8:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed - I read the chat transcripts and - regardless of the merits of the case itself - the eBay reps all acted very professionally throughout, in the face of some pretty offensive language and repeated & odd questions about their nationality.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1295 Posts
Posted 07/22/2019   11:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Given the animus, it's probably for the best that this seller move on from eBay and vice-versa.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
258 Posts
Posted 07/23/2019   4:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think only someone with a lack of insight into their own behaviour would post these transcripts and then expect people to sympathize with them. Like several posters above, all of my sympathy goes to the eBay sales rep who had to endure a lot of foul language and what was clearly racist questioning.

I imagine the suspended seller treated his/her eBay customers in a similar manner with similar lack of insight, thus generating all the bad seller ratings. After being warned of the need to improve, did not do so, and ended up suspended.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1295 Posts
Posted 07/23/2019   5:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very well said Steev.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3613 Posts
Posted 07/23/2019   8:32 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sadly as well!
Valued Member
Australia
9 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   06:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add minder1946 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear one and all,
Thanks for you comments. It would appear that I have upset a lot of members with my messages.
It's getting late here in Australia, so will put off my responses to most of your comments, [Which in some chases, members have made to many assumptions] until tomorrow, because it would take me the rest of the night to respond.
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   11:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AravindMichigan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
its funny how minder claims the customer service rep is not "english" but makes a lot of spelling mistakes himself for a person speaking "english"
Valued Member
Australia
9 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   9:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add minder1946 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well members, will now outline my full reply to my last email to each member by name:
1) '51studebaker' (Don): I have never used couriers (only Australia Post) and never had any delivery issue with my buyers;

2) 'revenuecollector': I agree that heaping profanity and abuse on eBay support reps isn't an appropriate way to resolve things in my favor, but as I noted in my chat, but you are dealing with a small cog in a large machine and they are just robots.
Yes I may have been notified by eBay in July 2018, but they never told me what action to take and yes I should of asked. I can assure you that my sales transaction and so called deficiencies you noted compared to other sellers was never raised by eBay, so you have just made an assumption.
Do bare in mind that I expect their remedies to elevate my deficiencies would have probably meant increasing my costs to the buyers therefore making my selling levels even lower.

3) 'Battlestamps': Yes I did have the same conditions on eBay and no I did not have any claims against me for any issues, thus my 100% performance. Yes I understand that I'm still responsible for any lose or damage and where this has happened I have always refunded the buyer. BUT I still believe this to be unfair, its all stacked against the seller

4) 'revenuecollector': by adding shipping and handling charges would only mean less chance of selling especially for low value stamps;

5) 'KRelyea': I was not having problems with my business (do remember I had been selling for 18 years with no problems with selling my non stamp items). Please note that selling stamps on eBay is a lot harder than selling cloths, DVDS etc. Contrary to your assumption, I did not knOW what the problems were, only that eBay told me I was not selling enough
PS what is a OP???

6) 'dutchman1948': I have been with Declampe for over a year now and have had no problems with them!!!;

7) 'KGV Collector': I won't waste my time responding to your comments other than to say that I do have terminal lung cancer but it does not effect my judgement or opinions of eBay;

8) 'gmot' : Yes I was very rude to the reps but these days when you talk to a rep from any organisation they nearly always come from overseas and do not always understand the English language, that is the reason and I'm not a racist, I come from a multicultural society;

9) 'shermae: No comment!!!;

10) 'steevh': I did not ask for sympathy in my original post, only if any others had experienced the same. With regards to being racist, see my response above, I take great offence to that comment. I keep saying, I may have been rude to the eBay reps but I have never been rude to my buyers once again thus my 100% rating. Yet another assumption;

11) ÁravindMichigan': Its got nothing to do with being English. I want to make sure that the reps understand the English language and yes I do make a lot of spelling mistakes because I suffer from dyslexia!! In addition, I note that most of the responders are from the USA and they have a different way of spelling certain words!!!

No doubt my above responses will not go down well with members and I may well be suspended. The only member that has responded with reasonable sense is Don.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4531 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   9:57 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The only member that has responded with reasonable sense is Don.

Well *%&$#! you too.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1479 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   10:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This particular thread is better entertainment than anything on Netflix right now.

Jim
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1479 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   10:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Minder1946:

No one knows you here. You recently logged in and immediately trashed eBay mercilessly right from the start. You posted transcripts of what seem to be your discussions with the eBay representatives, in which you repeatedly ranted about racial issues, and overall levels of competitiveness. Then you decided to argue, one by one, with anyone that made a negative comment regarding your posts. No one has agreed to your "discontinued" response from eBay as being typical and/or common.

A typical person might ask, what on Earth are you thinking?

Jim
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   10:34 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   12:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Louise411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

When the Robots made it I knew you had escaped, how dare you insult the Cog???

Are you selling your entire collection one stamp at a time?

"Im trying to sell my stamp collection 60 years because my offspring are not interested and the kisting fees and charges are so high with eBay that I have to try and sell on a different web site"

/Never knew how much I love you,never knew how much I care/ When I put my arms around you/ I get a feeling that I just can't bears /You give me fever/

Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.09 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05